file Action modifiers

18 Jul 2015 15:56 #72088 by Nac
Action modifiers was created by Nac
Hi

Thinking about a "Make an example" deck, I got this doubt: can it be played by a tapped vampire? I thought about veil of legions and got confused.

Many thanks in advance

Make an example
Only usable by a non-acting Guruhi when an acting Laibon you control is blocked (before combat).
Inflict 2 unpreventable damage on both the acting Laibon and the blocking minion and end the action (without combat).

veil of legions
Only usable by a ready, untapped vampire other than the acting minion you control. The acting minion gets +1 stealth. Only one Veil the Legions may be played each action.
Obfuscate As above, and this vampire may burn X additional blood to give +1 stealth to the next X actions your minions perform this turn. Only one Veil the Legions can be played at superior each turn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2015 16:56 - 18 Jul 2015 16:56 #72092 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Action modifiers
Tapped vampires can play action modifiers. Moreover, it's what they do all the time because acting vampires are tapped most of the time.

So yes, you can play Make an example just as you can play Cloak the Gathering at superior.

See Card ruling => groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.games.deckmaster/_6CXoKTSLnw/FdG67-3HEAQJ

Veil the Legions can't be played by a tapped vampire because the card explicitely forbigs it (it's not a reminder).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 18 Jul 2015 16:56 by Ankha.

More
19 Jul 2015 11:28 #72101 by Yomyael
Replied by Yomyael on topic Re: Action modifiers
What about a vampire in torpor? As vampires leaving torpor themselves can use action modifiers there seems to be no rule concerning action modifiers and torpor.

Prince of Bonn, Germany

More
19 Jul 2015 12:11 #72102 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Action modifiers

What about a vampire in torpor? As vampires leaving torpor themselves can use action modifiers there seems to be no rule concerning action modifiers and torpor.

Vampires in torpor can only play action modifiers if they're the acting minion (e.g. playing Lost in Crowds on a Leave Torpor action).

vekn.net/general-rulings

Action modifiers cannot be played by a vampire in torpor unless that vampire is the acting minion. [RTR 19970306]

The following user(s) said Thank You: Yomyael

More
20 Jul 2015 07:33 #72124 by Pascal Bertrand
Correct answers.
This makes me think I need to update Blanket of Night (I think it's the only one that didn't get a "ready" added to its cardtext)

More
20 Jul 2015 07:57 #72125 by Yomyael
Replied by Yomyael on topic Re: Action modifiers

This makes me think I need to update Blanket of Night (I think it's the only one that didn't get a "ready" added to its cardtext)

Make an example also didn't get a "ready" yet.

Prince of Bonn, Germany

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds