file Does Taste of Vitae trigger Trap? And other confusions about Trap.

07 Oct 2015 07:39 - 07 Oct 2015 07:45 #73542 by Ankha

I meant to say you play Taste at the end of a round, not during.
And because trap only talks about during a round.. That's why I'm asking the question.

The end of the round is part of the round. Also, the end of the turn is part of the turn.

that's lovely but "End" was specifically shown not to be in "During" for other phases e.g. Influence phase [see why you cannot transfer to vampire fished by Anarch Convert] so it's not necessarily obvious

That's terminology. There is no "limbo" between phases where the end of phase X would happen between phase X and phase X+1 (the next phase).
You can't use effects that say "during phase X" at the end of phase X per rule/ruling, but the end of phase X is still part of phase X, even for the influence phase.

groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/D8dv-4mDqVk/47RhYcL4ftwJ

Good effort, but still won't work. Once you reach the end of your
influence phase, you cannot do any "during your influence phase" stuff.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 07 Oct 2015 07:45 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2015 11:45 - 07 Oct 2015 12:03 #73550 by TwoRazorReign
Sorry, please disregard. I misread something in the thread and deleted my reply.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2015 12:03 by TwoRazorReign.

More
11 Oct 2015 17:47 #73608 by Squidalot
It really doesn't make any English sense [and is weak form a maths argument which is where Scott would have pulled it]

if you have a phase starting at time point zero and ending at time point 1, all parts of that phase from 0 to 1 are "during" that phase.
I.e. the set is bounded at both ends.

I don't understand how you're supposed to interpret anything else form the rulebook there.

More
11 Oct 2015 18:00 #73610 by jamesatzephyr

It really doesn't make any English sense [and is weak form a maths argument which is where Scott would have pulled it]

It would probably help if the Detailed Play Summary was updated to make this clearer in the influence phase:

vekn.net/detailed-play-summary
INFLUENCE PHASE [7]
1) Gain Transfers (a.k.a. "Influence Phase Actions").
- a) On turns 1, 2, and 3, gain only 1, 2, or 3 transfers, respectively.
- b) Each turn after the third, gain exactly 4 transfers.

2) You may spend your transfers in any combination of the following:
- a) 1: move one of your pool to one of your uncontrolled minions.
- b) 2: move one blood from one of your uncontrolled minions to your pool.
- c) 4: burn one pool and move the top card from your crypt to your uncontrolled region.
- d) 4: burn one pool to merge a vampire in your uncontrolled region with a vampire you control (the base and advanced versions). [1.5.6]

3) Any remaining transfers are lost.

4) Any uncontrolled vampires (minions) with blood equal or greater than their blood capacity (cost) become controlled and move to the ready region untapped. Excess counters drain off.

If 2) had a step e) that specified that other "during your influence phase" effects went off here, that would help.

Note that the untap phase has:
3f) Resolve card effects that occur during the untap phase. [4]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds