file Rules question about Field Training

28 Jan 2016 18:54 #75270 by mjvtes521
Can you play Field training on an anarch? That is, can an anarch vamp play Field Training on another Anarch vamp? I know you can't make someone anarch if they are already anarch. But the wording on the card says that the vamp "is considered anarch". It doesn't say that the card is making them anarch. This makes me think you can play it on an anarch. Can I get a ruling/clarification?

Field Training
+1 stealth action. Requires an anarch.

Put this card on another ready, non-titled vampire you control, choose a Discipline the acting vampire has at superior and untap the acting vampire. The vampire with this card is considered anarch (and Independent), and gets +1 level of the chosen discipline. If this vampire changes sect, burn this card. A vampire can have only one Field Training.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2016 20:01 #75271 by BenPeal
Designer intent is for Anarchs to share abilities with each other, so I'd rule that you can play it on another Anarch. I'll let the Rules Team confirm.

More
28 Jan 2016 20:09 #75272 by Ke.
IANP — but you can use Anarch Convert on a Anarch Vampire in play to simply cycle into a new crypt card. So I don't see why the same logic wouldn't apply to Field Training.

More
29 Jan 2016 03:25 #75274 by Boris The Blade
The target requirements are written on the card: "another ready, non-titled vampire you control". Non-anarch is not one of them, contrary to other cards like The Red Question. So there is no reason why you could not.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds