file Jenna Cross + Salvador Garcia specials question

12 Feb 2016 13:44 #75413 by Whisker
How much blood will an anarch requiring card normally costing 1 blood cost for Jenna to play if I control both Her and Salvador?
a) 1 blood, special cancel each other out.
b) 0 blood, Salvador's special can be applied first reducing cost to 0 at which point, Jenna's special won't trigger anymore
c) something weird

Jenna Cross
[pot]

[CEL]
[Caitiff] Caitiff
Capacity: 4
Group: 4
Independent anarch: Cards that cost blood cost Jenna 1 additional blood to play. Sterile.

Salvador Garcia
[pot]
[pro]
[CEL]

[Brujah] Brujah
Capacity: 7
Group: 4
Independent anarch: While Salvador is ready, cards requiring an anarch cost you and anarchs you control 1 less blood or pool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2016 15:45 #75415 by Kimpan
I would say 0, have no good backup for it but it feels like you should be the one to decide what effekt take place first because they are happening at the same time and you are the acting vampire.

But some rule guru can probably give you a better anser.

:garg: :VIS: :PRE: :for: :flight:
National Coordinator of Sweden

More
12 Feb 2016 17:35 #75417 by Ankha
You apply the effects in the order of your choosing, so you can apply Salvador's effect first, making the card cost 0, then Jenna's (no additional blood).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
09 Jul 2020 15:51 #100323 by kschaefer
Per www.vekn.net/history-of-vtes-rules/450-rules-team-rulings-7-july-2007, are you reading that "addition and subtraction" as a group that can be ordered or an ordering?

I've always read it as the latter. Which meant that you had to handle the addition first, then the subtraction.

This seems to assert that the items are a grouping and within that grouping may be handled in any order.

Could you please clarify how the 7/7/07 RTR works?

More
09 Jul 2020 16:09 - 09 Jul 2020 16:18 #100325 by Ankha

Per www.vekn.net/history-of-vtes-rules/450-rules-team-rulings-7-july-2007, are you reading that "addition and subtraction" as a group that can be ordered or an ordering?

I've always read it as the latter. Which meant that you had to handle the addition first, then the subtraction.

This seems to assert that the items are a grouping and within that grouping may be handled in any order.

Could you please clarify how the 7/7/07 RTR works?

You apply the "multiplication/division" group first, then "addition/substraction" group.
Within each group, you (as the acting Methuselah) choose in which order you apply each modifier. Usually it doesn't matter, except for Jenna Cross.

I don't read it as "... followed by addition then subtraction."

I still have to check the Sword of Nuln / Regenerative Blood ruling though.

EDIT : Since Regenerative Blood doesn't use multiplication or division, it changes nothing to the ruling I gave. But if somehow you had a Thin-Blooded Seer with an Ankara Citadel, you could choose whether you halve the cost first or not.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 09 Jul 2020 16:18 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kschaefer

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds