file Zhenga Interactions

28 Aug 2016 05:45 #78030 by skychan
Zhenga Interactions was created by skychan
For Zhenga,

If she has Charisma does it reduce the cost of extra minions she "recruits" with her special?

When utilizing her special can she recruit multiples of the same ally or retainer without violating the no-repeat actions rule?

My impression on this is that it depends on how her special ability is deturmined, if it is recruiting as though taking an action. So either Charisma would affect everything she recruits but she could not get multiples of the same minion card, or Charisma only affects the primary recruit but she could get multiples.

Please let me know what the official stance would be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2016 09:20 - 28 Aug 2016 09:21 #78031 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Zhenga Interactions
Card text:
When Zhenga announces a recruit action or employ action, she may burn X blood. If the action succeeds, she may recruit and employ up to X additional allies and retainers from your hand (pay cost as normal).

Put this card on a ready vampire. This vampire's recruit ally actions cost 1 less blood or pool (but never less than 0 blood or pool).

If she has Charisma does it reduce the cost of extra minions she "recruits" with her special?

There is only one action (whatever that original action was), plus a bunch of allies coming in from her special, which are not extra actions. Charisma only affects the original action.

[LSJ 20090726]

> When Zhenga has Charisma and uses her special to recruit multiple
> allies, does the Charisma affect the cost of the additional allies?

No. Card text: "actions"

When utilizing her special can she recruit multiples of the same ally or retainer without violating the no-repeat actions rule?

The relevant restriction in the rulebook is:

A minion cannot perform an action with the same action card more than once each turn, even if he untaps.

The extra allies coming in from Zhenga's special are not actions you are taking, so the restriction doesn't apply to them.

Similarly, you could Concealed Weapon out 25 Saturday NIght Specials in one combat, if you really wanted to (you don't) - you're not taking actions.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2016 09:21 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skychan

More
28 Aug 2016 17:52 #78036 by skychan
Replied by skychan on topic Zhenga Interactions
Thank you,

That was what I suspected but I was unable to find the ruling and wanted to confirm.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds