file New Blood & Self-Contestation

02 Feb 2017 02:23 #80459 by Kushiel
If I have New Blood in play, and another I influence a second one out, do I choose a circle and draw a card from my crypt before beginning the self-contest? My guess is "yes," due to how self-contesting Sonja Blue works, but I've never really understood that one either.

Relevant text on New Blood:
When New Blood enters play during your influence phase, choose a circle and draw 1 card from your crypt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2017 07:49 #80465 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic New Blood & Self-Contestation

If I have New Blood in play, and another I influence a second one out, do I choose a circle and draw a card from my crypt before beginning the self-contest? My guess is "yes,"

Correct. Same goes with Anarch Convert.
The vampire enters play, triggers whatever it has to trigger, then burns due to self-contest.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: kushiel23

More
02 Feb 2017 13:48 #80470 by Hakuron

If I have New Blood in play, and another I influence a second one out, do I choose a circle and draw a card from my crypt before beginning the self-contest? My guess is "yes,"

The vampire enters play, triggers whatever it has to trigger, then burns due to self-contest.

Sorry, but how can I ever voluntarily self-contest?

4.1. Contested Cards
[...] You can't control more than one of the same unique card at a time, and you cannot contest cards with yourself (if some effect would force you to contest a card with yourself, then you simply burn the incoming copy of the unique card).

Anarch Convert has a text, that gives you the option to do something different ("When the convert enters play, you may remove him from the game to make a non-titled vampire you control anarch and either gain 1 pool or draw a card from your crypt."), neither New Blood nor Sonja Blue have such text.

Thanks in advance!
:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
02 Feb 2017 15:43 - 02 Feb 2017 15:44 #80478 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic New Blood & Self-Contestation

Sorry, but how can I ever voluntarily self-contest?

4.1. Contested Cards
[...] You can't control more than one of the same unique card at a time, and you cannot contest cards with yourself (if some effect would force you to contest a card with yourself, then you simply burn the incoming copy of the unique card).

Anarch Convert has a text, that gives you the option to do something different ("When the convert enters play, you may remove him from the game to make a non-titled vampire you control anarch and either gain 1 pool or draw a card from your crypt."), neither New Blood nor Sonja Blue have such text.

Thanks in advance!
:tore:

Simple: you use transfers to put enough counters on the second copy of the New Blood. Or you Govern down on him. Or you use Powerbase: Montreal to put counters on him. This is legal because you're not putting the second copy of New Blood into play by doing that.

But at the end of the influence phase, uncontrolled vampires with enough blood on them are automatically put into play, so it doesn't fall under the "I actively contested my own vampire" and the second part of the rule you quote applies: "if some effect would force you to contest a card with yourself, then you simply burn the incoming copy of the unique card"

The same way, you can get another unique copy of a equipment you already have with Vast Wealth for instance (the second copy burns), but you can't actively do the same by equipping that copy from your hand.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 02 Feb 2017 15:44 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
03 Feb 2017 06:39 #80490 by kushiel23
I had been thinking that New Blood might accidentally be influenced out by overuse of Unwholesome Bond, but then realized that this wouldn't be an issue.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds