times CE and Taste of Vitae

23 Jan 2018 15:24 #85025 by Eduardo Simões
Good afternoon guys. Firstly, sorry for my bad english.

Guys, is end of round the same thing as end of combat? As far as I remember, it's different from each other, or the rule has changed. Because CE and taste of vitae can not be played.

www.vekn.net/card-rulings/card-rulings-p-to-z

Taste of Vitae:
Taste of Vitae is played in the "end of round" step, and can be played before or after any other playable cards in the "end of round" window (Disarm, Decapitate, ...). [GDP 20110420]

If it can be played, then Outside the Hourglass, CE, Disarm, Decapitate, and Taste of Vitae works.

I do not think it works.

Also evaluate:

6.4.4. Press
At the end of a round of combat (if both combatants are still ready), the combatants will either go their separate ways (the default) or one of them will give chase ...

www.vekn.net/rulebook

As I know, the sequence is: Press Step - End of Round - End of Combat

So, End of Round is between one thing and another. Porting, Disarm, Decapitate and Taste of Vitae can not be played together with Combat Ends.

I would like the VEKN to determine, in "Rulings", the sequence of the combat: Press Step - End of Round - End of Combat. And that End of Round is between one thing and another, because there are a lot of people who think it's the same thing. If I am correct, please help me.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2018 16:52 #85026 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic CE and Taste of Vitae
Effects that are playable at the end of a round are playable when the round ends prematurely, cf. RTR 20001020 .

More
23 Jan 2018 17:21 #85028 by Eduardo Simões
Right... So, maybe it could be a new step's rulling:

"Press Step - End of Round - End of Combat
End of Round is between one thing and another".

I think this works better.

Anyone responsible for evaluating new rules could tell me what you think about this?

More
23 Jan 2018 20:36 #85037 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic CE and Taste of Vitae

Right... So, maybe it could be a new step's rulling:

The detailed play summary has had it for many years: www.vekn.net/detailed-play-summary

Anything that ends the combat essentially causes you to jump to Step E of "How to Resolve a Combat" - ending the round, and then the combat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased, Eduardo Simões

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds