file Proxy Cards

09 Feb 2018 18:41 #85278 by kschaefer
Proxy Cards was created by kschaefer
Considering the limited release of Anthology sets, I have a couple of questions about the set and proxy cards.

Do PDF set cards that appeared in Anthology, require you to use the Anthology version if playing in a "No Proxies" tournament?

Can you proxy cards new to Anthology at a "No Proxy" tournament?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2018 19:58 #85281 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Proxy Cards

Do PDF set cards that appeared in Anthology, require you to use the Anthology version if playing in a "No Proxies" tournament?

The official PDF set cards are allowed as normal (non-proxy) cards, even if they've been printed in a later set.

Can you proxy cards new to Anthology at a "No Proxy" tournament?

You can't use proxies at a no-proxy tournament, no.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killiam

More
10 Feb 2018 00:30 #85283 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Proxy Cards
Yeah, but with the limited nature of Anthology, being distributed at a Con and for order with shipping to the US almost as much as the deck, I wouldn't really call that a release. It's not a wide-spread one for sure.

I imagine even folks who had easier access to the set still would have a difficult time pulling 3 copies of a vampire for a crypt, let alone the 5 copies one would need for an Aisha az-Zahra star deck.

More
10 Feb 2018 12:26 #85291 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Proxy Cards

Yeah, but with the limited nature of Anthology, being distributed at a Con and for order with shipping to the US almost as much as the deck, I wouldn't really call that a release. It's not a wide-spread one for sure.

Or you can just pay someone hawking them at Ebay $100 plus shipping.

Instead of half the price (or less; I don't have exact sum anywhere) from the people who organized the con and printed the set...

Even better bang for your buck, buy several at one go (I seem to recall them saying that shipping 1 or 10 will cost the same). If you yourself aren't interested, place an order with your mates to make the postage per set go down to non-relevant sum.

Postage is expensive these days.

And you know, the set is still available.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
10 Feb 2018 19:14 #85295 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Proxy Cards

I imagine even folks who had easier access to the set still would have a difficult time pulling 3 copies of a vampire for a crypt, let alone the 5 copies one would need for an Aisha az-Zahra star deck.

DHL charges the cost of a deck ($30) fir shipping for 1 unit to 12 units.

While I agree this is murderously obscene since I can order 100 ish singles from the idasoft eBay store and pay way less shipping, 30 USD split between 3ish people, as Lonkka suggests, means each person would be paying reasonable shipping and most cost would be for actual product.

Or, if a brick and mortar store were to obtain 12 or incriments if 12, and sell for $40, they'd profit and if they sold online US players would still save $10 ish if just buying a single set, after typical shipping.

For the record, I don't disagree that it's rough, but the problem isn't convention only availability, it's a lack of merchants on this side of the planet trying to get in on selling these and inevitably competing over prices, because it's a financial risk on a limited run, I assume.

I personally still could greatly benefit from at least one more set so I could keep 3 decks that use deep song assembled at once. Until I hit the Powerball, I'll still be looking to buy 3 more Alabastrom from eBay...... But Inyanga will have to be mostly proxies for awhile.

More
11 Feb 2018 14:52 #85302 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Proxy Cards
Could Drivethrurpg or Drivethrucards be an option for distributing anthologies inside USA? As far as I know, they are located in US, and thus might offer lower postage prices.

At least they are more organised than a single private person selling via Ebay. Maybe someone could approach them and ask whether they could act as a retailer to anthologies?

Drivethrucards offers custom printing of game cards, btw..

Just a thought, sorry if I dont know anything about anyrthing.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds