question-circle Pre-Range Disarm

02 Apr 2018 16:25 #86125 by Killiam
Killiam replied the topic: Pre-Range Disarm

jamesatzephyr wrote:

Killiam wrote: Scenario B: Same as A, but instead of playing Alpha Glint, SK plays Illusions of the Kindred.

Q B-1: May Synesios now play Disarm on SK?

In what way do you envisage this being different to Alpha Glint? A combat ends effect ends combat on both cards.

I made this distinction to help cover my bases with respect to an old misunderstanding in the Denver playgroup.

Some years ago, it had been ruled that you cannot play superior Psyche in response to an Illusions of the Kindred. While I believe that today the ruling would stand due to not being able to start a new combat when there is already one queued up, at the time, word had spread in Colorado that the reason was that you were hurried into a new combat, closing windows for playing cards in the old combat (which in this case, could include Disarm). I heard this point made on multiple occasions.

By asking both questions, I close the door on that line of argumentation.

That said, thank you for taking the time to answer redundant cases; it makes a difference!

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"How did some slip of a girly boy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?" -Hedwig Robinson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 16:28 #86126 by Killiam
Killiam replied the topic: Pre-Range Disarm

kschaefer wrote: Pre-range damage is inflicted regardless of the default range of the combat.

Is there a rule/ruling for this? I was about to ask the same question regarding playing Fear of the Void Below prior to Outside the Hourglass -- whether or not the damage even connects if the round is defaulting to long range.

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"How did some slip of a girly boy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?" -Hedwig Robinson

More
02 Apr 2018 16:42 #86127 by kschaefer
kschaefer replied the topic: Pre-Range Disarm
Damage that is done prior to the determination of range happens irrespective of the default range. It simply doesn't care what the range is (it's pre-range damage).

That being said, I did find a post where LSJ says :
> If Fear of the Void Below (dai/DAI) would've been played earlier,
> would Outside the Hourglass then trigger the Improvised Flamethrower?
Yes. (And Disarm would not be playable, since the range is long)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killiam

More
Moderators: Ankha
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds