file Mata Hari & Fee Stakes

18 Jun 2018 21:42 #88271 by Whisker
Hello,
Now that Anarchs are a sect and Mata Hari can play cards requiring them, how she interact with Fee Stake Cards?

I asume she gains new title, loses her old and return to her non-anarch state right after the action turning the Fee Stake inert.

Is this correct and could she then take Go Anarch action, once more activating the Fee Stake gained?

Mata Hari
[aus]
[for]
[qui]
[CHI]
[OBF]
[Ravnos] Ravnos
Capacity: 7
Group: 4
Independent. Red List: Mata Hari has 2 votes (titled). You and she may play cards that require a sect and/or clan as if she were of that required sect and/or clan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2018 17:13 #88294 by ReverendRevolver
Since no fee stake has text blocking her from playing it, you are sort of correct

Fee Stake: Los Angeles
[Action] Action

Requires a ready anarch with capacity above 4. +1 stealth action. Title.
Put this card on the acting anarch to represent the unique anarch title of Baron of Los Angeles. This may lead to a contested title. Any vampire can call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action. In that referendum, non-anarch titles are worth 1 fewer votes.

But.

I don't know that she can go anarch. Is she non-titled? I think no. Shes the acting anarch when getting the card. It's an anarch title. Shes only an anarch when acting as such. But if she goes anarch acting as an independent vampire, is she titled? The cards on her to represent the title. That she can't do anything with, unless she attempts an action as an anarch that gets additional benefits for barons.
I'd say she loses initial title, gained the new one, but isn't an anarch outside of action so it does nothing.

Question I can't answer: is she titled if she plays fee stakes?

More
19 Jun 2018 18:31 #88299 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Mata Hari & Fee Stakes
Here's the steps:
1. Mata Hari already titled (2 Votes) plays a new title Fee Stake: XXX.
2. Fee Stake: XXX recognized Mata Hari as Anarch, per card text and is placed on her.
3. Mata Hari gains a new title as the action resolves, losing her original title.
4. Mata Hari's action is now complete and the Baron of XXX title is now inert because she is the wrong sect, since the card only recognizes Mata Hari as Anarch during the course of the action.

So, Mata Hari finishes the action with a new, now-inert title. She is prevented from playing cards requiring a Baron because the title is inert and she does not have Vlad's text regarding "using" a card.

Mata Hari can, however, take the default go anarch action at 2 or 1 blood because she no longer has an active title. When that resolves her title (on the Fee Stake) will become active and she will be the Baron of XXX.

More
20 Jun 2018 21:53 #88318 by jamesatzephyr

I don't know that she can go anarch. Is she non-titled?

If she has a sect-specific title, but is of the wrong sect, then the title goes inert. For all game related purposes, she is treated as being non-titled, except:

a) if the title would be contested (she yields immediately)
b) if she would receive another title (she loses the inert one).

I think no. Shes the acting anarch when getting the card. It's an anarch title. Shes only an anarch when acting as such. But if she goes anarch acting as an independent vampire, is she titled? The cards on her to represent the title. That she can't do anything with, unless she attempts an action as an anarch that gets additional benefits for barons.

No.

Think of a Camarilla vampire who plays a Praxis Seizure: Wherever. The referendum passes, and the title card is placed on the vampire. The Camarilla vampire then changes sect to, say, Sabbat, via whatever method - it doesn't matter. The title card is still on her, but the title goes inert. She is not treated by the game as being a Prince. She cannot play Prince cards. She does not receive Prince-related bonuses. If she changes back to Camarilla (via whatever method), the Praxis Seizure card is still on her to spring into life. But while she is Sabbat, she is not treated as having a Prince title.

(Exception: except for contesting or receiving a new title, as above.)

This is similar to Mata Hari, except in slow motion. Mata Hari got a title by pretending to be the proper sect, and yielding her old title. Once the card is in play, she is now the wrong sect. So the Fee Stake title goes inert, and she is now title-less and Independent, for all game purposes except contesting or receiving a new title. If she changes to the required sect (Anarch), the Fee Stake title will spring back into life, assuming it hasn't been contested since or Mata hasn't received yet another title (e.g. Liaison).

Question I can't answer: is she titled if she plays fee stakes?

If she has a Fee Stake title on her and she is of the required sect, yes.

If she has a Fee Stake title on her and she is not of the required sect, no.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds