file Brandywine von Bauren

27 Jun 2018 00:53 - 27 Jun 2018 00:59 #88402 by Tenrin
Brandywine von Bauren was created by Tenrin
Can Rachel Brandywine and Josef von Bauren be used in tandem to discard other players cards into my library?
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jun 2018 00:59 by Tenrin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2018 01:20 - 27 Jun 2018 01:21 #88403 by Sambomb
Replied by Sambomb on topic Brandywine von Bauren
Camarilla Prince of Cleveland: If Rachel is ready, at the end of your discard phase, you may place cards you discard during that discard phase in your library (shuffle afterward). +1 bleed.

Camarilla Nosferatu Inner Circle: You may use a discard phase action to discard a card at random from your predator or prey's hand . +1 bleed. +1 stealth.

Von Bauren force your prey/predator to discard, so it dont trigger brandwyne text

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510
Last edit: 27 Jun 2018 01:21 by Sambomb.

More
27 Jun 2018 01:27 - 27 Jun 2018 03:11 #88404 by Tenrin
Replied by Tenrin on topic Brandywine von Bauren
But, via my interpretation of Josef's text, you are still doing the discarding, it's simply from someone else's hand...

It doesn't say your predator or prey discard a card. It says *you* may discard *from* their hand.
Last edit: 27 Jun 2018 03:11 by Tenrin.

More
27 Jun 2018 10:40 #88408 by Whisker
Replied by Whisker on topic Brandywine von Bauren
General Rulings wrote:

Cards that go into an ash heap, hand, or library always go into their owner's ash heap, hand, or library. [RTR 19970425]

More
27 Jun 2018 11:56 #88414 by Tenrin
Replied by Tenrin on topic Brandywine von Bauren
Ahh, too bad. That was a hell of a combo heh

More
27 Jun 2018 12:54 #88417 by Whisker
Replied by Whisker on topic Brandywine von Bauren
Yep, I tried to make deck with Agaitas and Rachel a way back but the same ruling ruined my plans.

Actually I think this rule is very much needed, just imagine the hazzle of
1. trying to get your cards back, once someone has mixed them into his/her library.
2. trouble caused by cards with different backs / sleeves being instantly recognizible once in said library (I mean in sense of knowing exactly what is the card at to of the library).
3. What if one player is playing with sleeves and the other is not, do I remove your sleeve possibly unminting your precious enkil cog, or do I mix the card in with the sleeve resulting in previous point plus almost certainly ruining the sleeve itself?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds