file Triggered effects

02 Jul 2018 03:36 #88486 by Nac
Triggered effects was created by Nac
Hi

Last night I used Vampiric Disease on a locked vampire with 1 blood left. It had a Vessel. Qustions arised about if was possible to order effects so you could take the blood prior to unlock. I said that it being triggered by unlocking, which is the first thing that happens on unlock phase. We all sort of agreed on that it made sense but it left me wondering: Is that difference between activated effects and triggered effects defined in VTES? I know them from Magic but I'm not sure if them apply here and if so, what's their timming? I know we use mandatory actions in that direction but I could'n find another instance.

Many thanks in advance

Vampiric Disease

Master.
Put a disease counter on any vampire. Each time a vampire with a disease counter is in combat at close range with another vampire, the second vampire gets a counter as well. An afflicted vampire cannot gain blood by hunting. When an afflicted vampire untaps, he or she burns a blood or, if unable, burns the disease counter. A vampire can have only one disease counter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2018 08:12 #88491 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Triggered effects

At the beginning of your unlock phase, you must unlock all of your cards (except your infernal cards, see section 11). Any cards or effects that require or allow you to do something during your unlock phase take effect after you have unlocked your cards.

So you unlock all your cards and burn 1 blood on the vampire. Then you can use your Vessels.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds