file Blessed blade+Blade of Bellona

04 Jul 2018 14:32 #88553 by Arrack
Is it possible to use these two cards together in the same round of combat and using the weapons manouver? Raw looks like its a no go. But i fel like it should be doable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2018 15:36 - 04 Jul 2018 15:42 #88555 by Kraus

A vampire who maneuvers with a gun may still use Projectile to shoot with that gun as his initial strike that round. [LSJ 20050304]

Name: Projectile
[KMW:C, LoB:PO3]
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Celerity
[cel] Strike: 1R damage or use a ranged weapon strike. This strike cannot be dodged.
[CEL] As above, with an additional strike.
Artist: Veronica Jones

I'm pretty sure the same ruling applies here, or at least should. Granted, the strictes RAW would deny this, wouldn't it? Either rewrite the passage of using weapon abilities in the rulebook, have a FAQ entry (we have it, basically), or projectile and blessed blade should be rewritten as damage modifiers, not strikes (cumbersome to put in words though).

I'd prefer the rulebook option.

Krausedit\\

A minion has no maneuvers by default; he must use a card or other effect to gain a maneuver. The ability to maneuver can come from combat cards or weapons or other cards in play. To use a maneuver from a strike card, the minion plays the strike card during this phase instead of during the choose strike phase (below). If a minion uses the maneuver from a strike card or a weapon, he is effectively choosing his strike as well. As such, he cannot use a second strike card or weapon to maneuver again in the same round., that strike is his initial strike this round. If a minion uses a maneuver from a weapon, his initial strike this round is with this weapon (or a card or ability that uses this weapon). Multiple cards or weapons cannot thus be used to gain maneuvers in a single round.

I'm pretty sure Ankha is hard at work with rewriting the whole rulebook though, so I have no worries there.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 04 Jul 2018 15:42 by Kraus.

More
04 Jul 2018 16:20 - 04 Jul 2018 16:20 #88556 by Ankha
As Kraus pointed out, since it works for Projectile + a gun whose maneuver has been used, it works for the Blessed Blade of Bellona (we had AAA, no we have BBB ;)).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 04 Jul 2018 16:20 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds