file Abactor & Heidelberg Castle

09 Oct 2018 20:37 - 09 Oct 2018 20:41 #91102 by Khalid1988
I have a few questions about Abactor regarding the timing of the blood hunt that happens as an effect of the action if it's successful.

Is there a window to use Heidelberg Castle in between the action ending and the blood hunt beginning?

If Heidelberg Castle can be used, does the blood hunt still happen right after or does the vampire have to hunt again if it loses all blood in the transfer? (my intuition says it happens right after but better be safe than sorry)

Name: Abactor
[Promo-20090401]
Cardtype: Action
+1 stealth action.
Hunt at +4 hunt. After successful resolution, a referendum is called to call a blood hunt on this vampire (independent of the action, just as if they had committed diablerie).
Artist: Juan Calle

Name: Heidelberg Castle, Germany
AKA: Heidelburg Castle, Germany
[DS:U2, FN:PR, KMW:PAl, LoB:PI]
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 2 pool
Master: unique location.
Lock to move blood, equipment cards and/or retainers between any two ready vampires you control. (You choose the amount of blood you move and which cards you transfer.) Cannot be used during an action.
Artist: L. A. Williams

Prince of Tikkurila, known as Teemu P in Lackey CCG
File Attachment:
Last edit: 09 Oct 2018 20:41 by Khalid1988. Reason: Clarifications

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2018 20:42 #91103 by mjvtes521
Replied by mjvtes521 on topic Abactor questions
I’ve asked this before. The answer is no. The blood hunt interrupts the action and happens immediately after the abactor gains the blood. After the blood hunt referendum resolves, then the action continues and Freak drives etc., can be played. Then the action ends and Heidelberg can be used.

More
09 Oct 2018 20:45 #91104 by Khalid1988
Replied by Khalid1988 on topic Abactor questions

I’ve asked this before. The answer is no. The blood hunt interrupts the action and happens immediately after the abactor gains the blood. After the blood hunt referendum resolves, then the action continues and Freak drives etc., can be played. Then the action ends and Heidelberg can be used.

Oh okay. Thank you for swift reply! I think that kind of makes sense...I was just wondering if the action was truly over before or after the blood hunt.

Prince of Tikkurila, known as Teemu P in Lackey CCG
File Attachment:

More
09 Oct 2018 22:13 #91111 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Abactor questions

Oh okay. Thank you for swift reply! I think that kind of makes sense...I was just wondering if the action was truly over before or after the blood hunt.

The action isn't over. The same as if it was a diablerie action, the Blood Hunt takes place during the action - but is treated as being independent of the action.

[LSJ 20101110]

> Huh. Even though Abactor reads "after successful resolution" and
> "independent of the action," it's still during the action?

Yes, "just as if he or she had committed diablerie".

The following user(s) said Thank You: Khalid1988

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds