file Church of the Order of St. Blaise and Powerbases

02 Dec 2018 16:52 #92195 by Viper
Hi there,

I will probably get a door slam in the face for this, but will ask anyway.

Name: Church of the Order of St. Blaise
[Gehenna:R]
Cardtype: Master
Master: unique location. Requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
Lock this card to add one counter to a location you control that uses counters.

It is my belief that the Church can be used to add counters to any Powerbase that uses blood counters.

Name: Powerbase: Barranquilla
[Gehenna:R, Third:PTz]
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master: unique location.
Put X blood on this card when it is played, where X is the capacity of a ready Sabbat vampire you control. During your unlock phase, you may move 1 blood from this card to your pool. Any vampire may burn this location as a (D) action. Titled vampires get +1 stealth on that action. Burn this card if it has no counters.

Based on the wording of Barranquilla, when you put the blood on the card, they become counters, making it eligible as a target for the Church's effect.

Is this correct?

Thanks for your input.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2018 18:08 #92196 by jamesatzephyr

Based on the wording of Barranquilla, when you put the blood on the card, they become counters, making it eligible as a target for the Church's effect.

Is this correct?

Your reasoning is a bit weird - blood counters are counters (see 1.2.2 of the rulebook), they don't "become" counters.

But yes, Powerbase Barranquilla is a location that uses counters.

More
05 Dec 2018 10:37 - 05 Dec 2018 10:38 #92264 by Bloodartist

It is my belief that the Church can be used to add counters to any Powerbase that uses blood counters.

Yep, its a good way to get value of otherwise fringe cards like powerbase chicago or washington. (Better in this context than barranquilla that can be burned as a d-action btw) Also worth noting that it works with powerbase madrid for votes in a sabbat vote deck.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 05 Dec 2018 10:38 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds