file Finals and play to win incentive

30 May 2019 09:27 - 30 May 2019 17:04 #95128 by Lönkka

The problem with the "[d]uring the finals" line is that is doesn't default to the previous "get as many Victory Points as possible" when you cannot win. I think the PtW rule for the finals should do so, encouraging the remaining players to do as well as they can.

In the finals everybody who doesn't win gets to be 2n place. So they are doing as well as they can.

Modedit\\ This topic has been split from here:
www.vekn.net/forum/event-reports-and-twd/77666-german-nationals-enchant-kindred-25-05-2019?start=18#95133

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 30 May 2019 17:04 by Kraus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Lönkka's Avatar Topic Author
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
30 May 2019 12:47 #95130 by Boris The Blade
Giving the GW to the last man standing does heavily favor wall / fight. Your prey is the only player at the table who can score 3 vps without ousting you. If you can prevent that and and be the the last one standing, you win.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
30 May 2019 13:22 #95131 by kschaefer

The problem with the "[d]uring the finals" line is that is doesn't default to the previous "get as many Victory Points as possible" when you cannot win. I think the PtW rule for the finals should do so, encouraging the remaining players to do as well as they can.

In the finals everybody who doesn't win gets to be 2n place. So they are doing as well as they can.

Exactly, so adding a "play for most VPs" is required to maintain the PtW spirit.

More
30 May 2019 17:33 #95134 by Mewcat
My approach to vtes has long been that I am trying to win and I dont care what happens to other players. That is how I make sense of the madness and turn it into some sort of sensible game and not a popularity contest. I will screw over my friends or help people I'd rather not see.

Being in the position Marius was in throws that all out the window. Giving direction other than whatever strikes my fancy seems pretty important.

More
31 May 2019 06:25 #95137 by Joscha

My approach to vtes has long been that I am trying to win and I dont care what happens to other players.

IMHO this is a very good approach.

In addition my secondary goal is to prevent my prey to win, as in my view I failed to do my job as predator if my prey gets the GW (as happened at that final). This is my personal goal of course, but it helps me to enjoy the game even if, like in said situation Marius, I don't have the possibility to win anymore.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
31 May 2019 14:23 #95142 by AceFranklin

My approach to vtes has long been that I am trying to win and I dont care what happens to other players.

IMHO this is a very good approach.

In addition my secondary goal is to prevent my prey to win, as in my view I failed to do my job as predator if my prey gets the GW (as happened at that final). This is my personal goal of course, but it helps me to enjoy the game even if, like in said situation Marius, I don't have the possibility to win anymore.

I like this.

Does this apply to your grand prey if you get your first VP? What is the stance if your prey let your GP get out of control because he was getting hammered by you?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds