file Cobra Fangs VS Ponticulus

31 Jul 2019 20:14 #96055 by Killiam
Question:

When damage is dealt (and not prevented/dodged) to a minion that is immune to that damage, is the damage considered "successfully inflicted" for the purposes of Cobra Fangs?

Scenario:
Vampire A strikes inferior Cobra Fangs for one regular (non-agg) damage vs Ponticulus, who strikes hands for zero. No presses, combat ends, then action ends.

Does Ponticulus burn?

As strange as it may seem, I think the answer might be yes, just as we would remove counters from a Weighted Walking Stick strike against Ponticulus (correct me if I'm wrong about that!), but I feel I need to ask since I imagine someone might object.

Thanks much,
-Billy

Name: Cobra Fangs
[LotN:R]
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Serpentis
[ser] Strike: hand strike (at strength damage). If any damage from this strike is successfully inflicted on an opposing ally, burn that ally at the end of the action.
[SER] As above, and if any damage from this strike is successfully inflicted on an opposing vampire, that vampire goes to torpor during his or her next unlock phase.
Artist: Mike Chaney

Name: Ponticulus
[KoT:R/B1]
Cardtype: Ally
Clan: Tremere
Cost: 2 pool
Unique wraith with 1 life. 0 strength, 0 bleed.
Ponticulus gets +1 intercept during (D) actions against you. He can lock to give any Tremere +1 intercept. He is immune to non-aggravated damage. He cannot act and he cannot have or use equipment.
Artist: Brian LeBlanc

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"I look back from where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
And the strangest things seem
Suddenly routine"
-Hedwig Robinson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2019 20:38 #96056 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Cobra Fangs VS Ponticulus

When damage is dealt (and not prevented/dodged) to a minion that is immune to that damage, is the damage considered "successfully inflicted" for the purposes of Cobra Fangs?

No.

groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/NhNCVCCDyU0/I5Yph3-UUPsJ

Scenario:
Vampire A strikes inferior Cobra Fangs for one regular (non-agg) damage vs Ponticulus, who strikes hands for zero. No presses, combat ends, then action ends.

Does Ponticulus burn?

No.

As strange as it may seem, I think the answer might be yes, just as we would remove counters from a Weighted Walking Stick strike against Ponticulus (correct me if I'm wrong about that!)

Correct, but only because WWS doesn't require the damage to be *successfully* inflicted.

groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/30BOLorrsjA/MGHFmBtWRt0J

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killiam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds