file Flesh of Marble

04 Aug 2019 05:09 - 04 Aug 2019 05:12 #96118 by beslin igor
Flesh of Marble was created by beslin igor
Flesh of Marble, Combat, Protean,
[pro] This combat, if this vampire suffers a damage (that he or she does not prevent) in a given round,
any additional damage inflicted on this vampire in the same round is automatically prevented.
Aggravated damage cannot be prevented this way.
[PRO] As above, but aggravated damage is prevented this way as well.

If vampire play Flesh of Marble inf,and oposing vampire in combat have strike HS aggr damage+some normal enviromental damage,how Flesh of Marble work?
Can i chose to take aggr damage go to torpor and prevent these enviromental damage
Last edit: 04 Aug 2019 05:12 by beslin igor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2019 06:22 - 04 Aug 2019 06:24 #96119 by Kilrauko
Replied by Kilrauko on topic Flesh of Marble

Can i chose to take aggr damage go to torpor and prevent these enviromental damage

No, if the enviromental damage is "during strike resolution".

If I understanding this correctly, Ankha's post on similar topic gives longer and better explanation to this;

www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/63147-resolving-agg-damage#63155

Concerning point 1/, "environmental" damage is dealt during the "normal strike resolution".
That means that you make one batch of strike damage + "environmental" damage and you deal with it.

...since the two damage from the Carrion Crows send you to torpor, and then you handle the aggravated damage...

So if I understood your example correctly, the regular damage from enviromental is handled first where the first one is succesfully inflicted and the rest is handled by inf Flesh of Marble. Following that the aggravated hand damage is inflicted as inf Flesh of Marble doesn't prevent it.

Relevant rulebook quote;
www.vekn.net/rulebook/6-minion-phase#6.4.6.damageresolution

If both regular damage and aggravated damage are successfully inflicted on a vampire at the same time, the regular damage is handled first.

Trust in Jan Pieterzoon.
Last edit: 04 Aug 2019 06:24 by Kilrauko. Reason: added ", if the enviromental damage is "during strike resolution"." to short answer.

More
04 Aug 2019 13:59 #96125 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Flesh of Marble
Relevant rulebook quote;
www.vekn.net/rulebook/6-minion-phase#6.4.6.damageresolution
If both regular damage and aggravated damage are successfully inflicted on a vampire at the same time, the regular damage is handled first

This doesn't help. If the damage is successfully inflicted we have already passed prevention and are onto heal or suffer damage.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds