file How does Extremis Boon actually work?

26 Aug 2019 20:15 #96553 by Killiam
Just realized that Extremis Boon does not actually explain how it keeps you in the game, as it does not explain what pool you receive. I assume that you somehow get pool as a result of the bidding, but if that's the case, do you get all the pool from all the bidders, or only the pool offered by the highest bidder?

Thanks,
-Bill

Name: Extremis Boon
[BH:R]
Cardtype: Master
Master: out-of-turn. Boon.
Only usable when you are being ousted. Other Methuselahs may bid pool to keep you in the game. If one does, put this card in play. As a master phase action, the high bidder may steal up to 2 pool from you. You may burn this card by giving that Methuselah 6 pool during your master phase.
Artist: David Day

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"I look back from where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
And the strangest things seem
Suddenly routine"
-Hedwig Robinson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2019 22:14 #96561 by kschaefer
Because on one cares. Its best use is as backing for a PDF card.

More
26 Aug 2019 22:22 #96562 by Killiam
Yeah, I get that. For all the years it's been out, I had never seriously considered including it in a deck, even once. At least not until now. It's a good fit in an experimental deck I'm toying with, that heavily focuses on doing favors for other Methuselahs and generally doesn't control any minions until the late game. I know.. crazy talk.

But I still need to know how the card works if I'm going to include it. Vincent? Anybody on the rules team?

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"I look back from where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
And the strangest things seem
Suddenly routine"
-Hedwig Robinson

More
26 Aug 2019 22:48 #96564 by Kilrauko
For what it's worth, the few times it's came up in "fun" decks we've handled the bidding similar to one in.

Name: Hostile Takeover
[Jyhad:R, VTES:R, CE:R, KoT:R]
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Ventrue
Cost: 1 pool
Master.
Choose a vampire with capacity of 6 or less. Each Methuselah bids pool for control of that vampire. The highest bid goes to the vampire's controller; that bidder then takes control of the vampire. If the controller wins, half the winning bid (rounded up) goes to the blood bank.
Artist: Mike Raabe; James Stowe

As it was natural to use Jyhad era bidding method. This reply also serves as my reminder to check when official ruling comes in as it affects a card I played and play perhaps once a year (or blue moon).

Trust in Jan Pieterzoon.

More
26 Aug 2019 22:54 #96565 by jamesatzephyr

Just realized that Extremis Boon does not actually explain how it keeps you in the game, as it does not explain what pool you receive. I assume that you somehow get pool as a result of the bidding, but if that's the case, do you get all the pool from all the bidders, or only the pool offered by the highest bidder?

The winning bid goes to you. Nothing happens to the losers (if any).

[LSJ 20031121]

>The top bid is given to you from the bidder's pool.

Correct.

The card text would benefit from clarification if it were ever reprinted, but if it were ever to be reprinted, hypothetical goons would be hypothetical hired to hunt down Ben Peal those hypothetically responsible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killiam, Lech, Kilrauko

More
27 Aug 2019 07:02 - 27 Aug 2019 07:05 #96571 by Kraus

Because on one cares. Its best use is as backing for a PDF card.

I get the jest, but this is not how the Rules Questions subforum works. It is for questions and answers.

This is not to say we can't have a laugh, but let's try to keep in the habit of having the rules topics as informative as possible.

Thank you.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 27 Aug 2019 07:05 by Kraus.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds