file Board state and rulings on failing to maintain it.

23 Mar 2020 11:19 #99412 by beslin igor
Khormag is very hard is to make decision on this situation.
as i said,so people in Lackey table before votes cast need to know how much who need to gain pool,wait until gain all,same in real live,so you know A C D E need to gain pool,wait after all take pool,ask,all take pool,yes,so we can continue.
so i said people must focused or respect fair play,if you ask every take pool? yes every take we can continue then,someone dont take,we cannot continue,but if you ask,and player A said yes every take,but him later notice how him dint take pool,that can be cheat from his part and him can be DQ.
is very hard get judge decision in this situation,if people focused that dint happen.
i understand is frendly game,but if you and other not focused everyone can even cheat.
sory if me answer rude,but need to be rude to people be more seriosly in game,but if you all frendly and relaxed who care about A pool

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2020 13:16 #99414 by jamesatzephyr

so i said people must focused or respect fair play,if you ask every take pool? yes every take we can continue then,someone dont take,we cannot continue,but if you ask,and player A said yes every take,but him later notice how him dint take pool,that can be cheat from his part and him can be DQ.

Whether Player A is cheating or not is a separate question to that of maintaining and correcting board state. It is entirely possible for the game state to be incorrect by accident. Conflating the two issues is not at all helpful.

The point of correcting the game state is to try to put things back to - roughly speaking - how they would have gone if the issue hadn't occurred. No-one is supposed to be punished, and no-one is supposed to benefit. Of course, in all but the most trivial situations, this is very hard, so you do the best you can to try to correct the issue - but everyone knows this is hard.

Separately, if the player was also cheating, you address the cheating.

sory if me answer rude,but need to be rude to people be more seriosly in game,but if you all frendly and relaxed who care about A pool

Games can be friendly and relaxed and still abide by the rules. People can be playing a friendly game, and still be playing in a competitive fashion, wanting to win fair and square. Players may want to test their deck in a competitive, but non-tournament, environment, to see if they want to take it to a tournament, or tweak it, so knowing how it plays for real, without errors, is helpful. A particular play group may well encourage a ferociously competitive environment outside tournaments, even though the games are very friendly and everyone is having a good time - it's just that everyone is trying their hardest to win.

Friendly and relaxed are not synonymous with not caring about pool totals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Khormag

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds