file Righteous Aura

17 May 2020 13:31 #99857 by TheInsaniac
Righteous Aura was created by TheInsaniac
I'm not sure how you're supposed to be able to play Righteous Aura. It's a combat card with the following restriction on playing:

Only usable if this vampire is ready and the opposing minion is not.

But since you have to lock when you declare an action or you block successfully, I don't see how you'll ever be in a situation where this is the case unless someone else's minion enters combat with yours directly. Am I missing something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2020 13:53 #99860 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Righteous Aura

I'm not sure how you're supposed to be able to play Righteous Aura. It's a combat card with the following restriction on playing:

Only usable if this vampire is ready and the opposing minion is not.

But since you have to lock when you declare an action or you block successfully, I don't see how you'll ever be in a situation where this is the case unless someone else's minion enters combat with yours directly. Am I missing something?

You are probably mistaking "locked" and "ready".
Ready indicates that the minion is in the ready region (opposed to the torpor region).
Locked indicates the state of the minion (opposed to unlocked). It is a synonym of tapped or kneeled etc. The card is rotated to indicate it is locked.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
17 May 2020 15:12 #99862 by TheInsaniac
Replied by TheInsaniac on topic Righteous Aura
D'oh. Of course I am. Been playing too much of the LotR LCG lately it seems since that uses ready for unlocked, untapped, unexhausted, etc. Thanks for the quick reply.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds