file Garrote

20 Jun 2020 11:42 #100154 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Garrote

BCP, please could you do something about the ability of players to get official answers to rules problems?

Hi BCP,

Please could you investigate why your Rules Director is ignoring questions for weeks at a time - even when asked in his "preferred" forum?

If you're expecting people to pay for your card game, the least you can do is ensure that you provide answers to ruling questions. That's how serious card games work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwoRazorReign

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2020 12:01 #100156 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Garrote
Hi James,

The question is on my review list, answer will be provided as soon as possible.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
21 Jun 2020 14:21 #100157 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Garrote

Hi James,

The question is on my review list, answer will be provided as soon as possible.

Is that similar to Blizzard's "soon"?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
22 Jun 2020 12:47 #100158 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic Garrote

BCP, please could you do something about the ability of players to get official answers to rules problems?

Hi BCP,

Please could you investigate why your Rules Director is ignoring questions for weeks at a time - even when asked in his "preferred" forum?

If you're expecting people to pay for your card game, the least you can do is ensure that you provide answers to ruling questions. That's how serious card games work.

With all respect given to the people in charge, requiring some weird autocratic and untimely process via asking questions on an internet forum for rulings is less than ideal, especially now that there's paying customers who would like answers sooner than later. I'm hoping the new rulebook and some new rules resources will help make this no longer an issue.

More
23 Jun 2020 07:37 #100162 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Garrote

In [LSJ 20010725] , LSJ ruled that burning Garrote to burn a vampire is a replacement effect like Decapitate and Amaranth.

Like Decapitate and Amaranth, burning the Garrote would burn the opposing
vampire before he hits torpor.

This isn't terribly relevant for that Facebook thread, as the answer for Tension is one pool is burned either way - either the vampire doesn't go to torpor at all, or it goes to torpor and then isn't ready when it burns - but it would be relevant if a vampire had Fame on them, or similar torpor-requiring effects (Sylvester Simms, Hasina Kesi, Jaggedy Andy etc.).

The thing is, Garrote has been reprinted since then, and is still not worded as a replacement effect, while Decapitate and Amaranth are worded as replacement effects.

Is the ruling out of date (or perhaps wrongly conceived in the first place)? Or does the card text of Garrote need to be updated?

The ruling stands as it is better to have different cards with similar effects behaving the same way. Garrote will be reprinted to reflect it (using the "would go to torpor... burn the vampire instead" template). In the meantime, I'll update the official card text.

This is regarding this Facebook comment and thread .

I don't have access to it to that content/comment, though I do have access to the group.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds