file Pressing Flesh and ally special text

12 Jul 2020 10:09 #100336 by beslin igor
Pressing Flesh
+1 stealth action.

tha) Move an ally in any ash heap who was burned from play to your ready region with this card and life equal to its starting life. This ally is a zombie instead of what it used to be, gets -1 bleed, cannot gain life, and can play cards requiring basic Fortitude f as a vampire.

THA) As above, but with 1 additional life.

If special text from every ally work if is this ally moved in play with Pressing Flesh?
so +1 intercept,+1 additional strike,HS aggravated,burn vampire from torpor,this ally can search library....,enter combat with vampire.............

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2020 11:44 - 12 Jul 2020 11:55 #100337 by lip

If special text from every ally work if is this ally moved in play with Pressing Flesh?

I don't see why not. You put the ally into play, why would his text not apply ?

I don't have a specific rulings for that, but other rulings over more convoluted cases imply that it is the case (eg. "you use the basic level of that ally" [LSJ 20100302] )

More to the point, even Cry Wolf text applies, although he is a Zombie instead of a Werewolf and uses the "this werewolf" wording. [LSJ 20100212] (This last one is a bit counter-intuitive, designer intent taking precedence over precise card text.)

Cry Wolf
Last edit: 12 Jul 2020 11:55 by lip. Reason: Formatting
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor

More
12 Jul 2020 12:15 #100339 by drnlmza

(This last one is a bit counter-intuitive, designer intent taking precedence over precise card text.)

Note that, after this ruling, Cry Wolf was errata'd to remove the reference to "this werewolf" - see web.archive.org/web/20101201052117/http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=cardlist

Cry Wolf, 2010 WW version

At some point during this errata got dropped from the VEKN cardlist, but I'm not sure when that happened.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
12 Jul 2020 13:52 #100340 by beslin igor

I don't have a specific rulings for that, but other rulings over more convoluted cases imply that it is the case (eg. "you use the basic level of that ally" [LSJ 20100302] )

More to the point, even Cry Wolf text applies, although he is a Zombie instead of a Werewolf and uses the "this werewolf" wording. [LSJ 20100212] (This last one is a bit counter-intuitive, designer intent taking precedence over precise card text.)

Cry Wolf

So about Cry Wolf,because him is zombie now,him cant enter combat by his special,and not need to burn if is locked,right?
One more question Unique still apply(contest happen)?

More
12 Jul 2020 15:26 #100341 by Yomyael

Cry Wolf

So about Cry Wolf,because him is zombie now,him cant enter combat by his special,and not need to burn if is locked,right?
One more question Unique still apply(contest happen)?

From the ruling lip cited above, alls "this werewolf" parts of Cry Wolfs text still apply when he is a zombie. Design Intent was that it should work that way, therefore LSJ ruled it to still work that way, even if the wording suggests otherwise. So all parts of Crywolf's text still apply and he has to rush and will burn if he is locked.

Prince of Bonn, Germany

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds