file Form of Mist vs Deflection

16 Aug 2020 04:40 #100547 by Yipe
Old player here returning to the game after 20 years and relearning some of the card interactions after being away for so long. I have a few questions about Form of Mist which seems like a fairly complex card:

1. Form of Mist vs Deflection
- Player A declares a bleed against Player B.
- Player B plays Deflection so the bleed is now targeting Player C.
- Player C successfully blocks Player A's vampire.
- Player A's and Player C's vampires enter combat.
- Player A plays superior Form of Mist and the combat ends.
- Player A's vampire burns 1 blood and continues the action at +1 stealth.

Is the target of the bleed still Player C, or does it revert back to the original target of the bleed action which is Player A?

2. When using the superior effect of Form of Mist to continue the action at +1 stealth, does all the previous stealth/intercept used for that action prior to combat still apply, or is it reset back to 0?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2020 07:48 #100548 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Form of Mist vs Deflection

Yipe wrote: Old player here returning to the game after 20 years and relearning some of the card interactions after being away for so long. I have a few questions about Form of Mist which seems like a fairly complex card:

1. Form of Mist vs Deflection
- Player A declares a bleed against Player B.
- Player B plays Deflection so the bleed is now targeting Player C.
- Player C successfully blocks Player A's vampire.
- Player A's and Player C's vampires enter combat.
- Player A plays superior Form of Mist and the combat ends.
- Player A's vampire burns 1 blood and continues the action at +1 stealth.

Is the target of the bleed still Player C, or does it revert back to the original target of the bleed action which is Player A?

Still C.

Yipe wrote: 2. When using the superior effect of Form of Mist to continue the action at +1 stealth, does all the previous stealth/intercept used for that action prior to combat still apply, or is it reset back to 0?

They still apply.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2020 08:24 #100550 by Snodig
Replied by Snodig on topic Form of Mist vs Deflection
It does precisely what it promises; it negates the block. All other properties of the action remain the same (as it’s still the same action).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2020 16:10 #100554 by Yipe
Replied by Yipe on topic Form of Mist vs Deflection
Thank you for the replies!

In the case of the stealth/intercept still applying, I imagine if the blocking minion (who is now locked) can play a reaction card such as Wake With Evening's Freshness they can attempt to block again and they only need +1 intercept to match the acting vampire's stealth? Otherwise, a new unlocked minion must attempt to block the continuing action?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2020 17:05 - 16 Aug 2020 17:05 #100555 by Yomyael
Replied by Yomyael on topic Form of Mist vs Deflection

Yipe wrote: Thank you for the replies!

In the case of the stealth/intercept still applying, I imagine if the blocking minion (who is now locked) can play a reaction card such as Wake With Evening's Freshness they can attempt to block again and they only need +1 intercept to match the acting vampire's stealth?


Yes. If the blocking minion was already locked and has played a wake (not an untap) to block, that still applies and you do not need to wake again.

Yipe wrote: Otherwise, a new unlocked minion must attempt to block the continuing action?


If you do not have a wake, yes.

Prince of Bonn, Germany
Last edit: 16 Aug 2020 17:05 by Yomyael.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2020 18:05 #100556 by Yipe
Replied by Yipe on topic Form of Mist vs Deflection
Thank you for the clarification on having previously played a wake during the action and how that still applies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum