question-circle suicide on vtes

08 Jul 2023 11:26 #108621 by kyuudaime
suicide on vtes was created by kyuudaime
if I have 2 in the pool and I make a card that costs 2, should I go back to play without the costs paid or do I just lose the game?
after all, if the player was turned off and didn't realize he was going to die, can he accidentally kill himself in the game?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2023 15:34 #108650 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic suicide on vtes

if I have 2 in the pool and I make a card that costs 2, should I go back to play without the costs paid or do I just lose the game?
after all, if the player was turned off and didn't realize he was going to die, can he accidentally kill himself in the game?

Bad play and illegal play are different things.

Announcing that the card costs 0 or 1 (which is illegal), playing it, and then realize that it costs in fact more is illegal from the start -- thus it must be rewound.

Playing the card without making any false announcement and then genuinely realize that it ousts you is bad play -- but not illegal. It must not be rewound.

Playing the card because you want to self-oust instead of PTW is illegal, and should be rewound.

groups.google.com/g/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/c/cNAXynUBHLs/m/P6_7Q9yHXJMJ

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
12 Jul 2023 12:56 #108661 by cordovader
Replied by cordovader on topic suicide on vtes

Playing the card because you want to self-oust instead of PTW is illegal, and should be rewound.

Unless self-ousting gives you more chances of winning the game: e.g. you give 1 VP and 6 pool for a player to stay alive till time limit and you have already 2 VPs, hence giving you the game win.

And the other situation is: you cannot do more than 0 in the game so you can maximize your VPs as you want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
13 Jul 2023 05:50 #108668 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic suicide on vtes

Unless self-ousting gives you more chances of winning the game: e.g. you give 1 VP and 6 pool for a player to stay alive till time limit and you have already 2 VPs, hence giving you the game win.

And the other situation is: you cannot do more than 0 in the game so you can maximize your VPs as you want.

Yes, this is covered by "instead of PTW".

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds