file Inscription and Hunger of Marduk

11 Jul 2023 20:34 #108652 by Hakuron
Can "Inscription" be played by a non-Banu Haqim to put this equipment with a copy of "Hunger of Marduk" on a non-Banu Haqim?
And can the latter use this copy?

I guess the answer is "yes" in both cases, because "put" and "use" usually circumvent clan requirements, but I would like to be sure.

Thanks in advance!

Discipline: Thaumaturgy
Equipment.
[tha] Put this equipment on a ready vampire and put a card that requires Blood Sorcery [tha] from your hand on it (face up, out of play; this acting vampire pays the cost of that card). The vampire with this equipment can burn this equipment to use the basic Blood Sorcery ability of that card.
[THA] As above, but the vampire can use the superior Blood Sorcery [THA] ability of the card.

Hunger of Marduk
Cardtype: Combat
Clan: Banu Haqim
Discipline: Thaumaturgy
Only usable before range is determined.
[tha] This round, this vampire can strike, ranged: steal 1 blood or life (becoming blood).
[THA] As above, but for 2 blood or life (becoming blood).

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2023 00:30 #108655 by kschaefer
No. The only requirement that is obviated is Blood Sorcery.

See this LSJ ruling: groups.google.com/g/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/c/RQBw8EnnD5s/m/NpdTwIuChy8J
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
13 Jul 2023 20:05 #108681 by Hakuron
@Ankha: Would you please confirm this ruling?
I know it was done by LSJ, but to be honest I do not understand why clan requirement is not circumvented in this case.

More
14 Jul 2023 07:55 #108684 by Coyote
I also feel it strange. Unless "pays the cost of that card" includes "paying" the requirements. But I feel requirements and cost are different things.

More
18 Jul 2023 07:43 #108726 by Hakuron

@Ankha: Would you please confirm this ruling?
I know it was done by LSJ, but to be honest I do not understand why clan requirement is not circumvented in this case.

Still hoping for a (detailed) answer. :)

More
18 Jul 2023 08:14 - 19 Jul 2023 15:34 #108727 by inm8
This ruling is off in my opinion and should be reversed… LSJ ruled that explicitly written requirements in the card text couldn’t be ignored which makes sense, but this ruling is changing how requirements on the attribute bar are handled for cards in play which doesn’t make sense.
For the card to work as ruled here consider the requirements on the attribute bar it would need explicit text saying something like “play the card as if from your hand.” which it doesn’t.

** updated the text as a ruling hasn´t actually been given...don´t know where I got that notion from...
Last edit: 19 Jul 2023 15:34 by inm8.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds