file Inscription and Hunger of Marduk

19 Jul 2023 05:18 #108740 by Bloodartist

This ruling is off in my opinion and should be reversed… LSJ ruled that explicitly written requirements in the card text couldn’t be ignored which makes sense, but this ruling is changing how requirements on the attribute bar are handled for cards in play which doesn’t make sense.
For the card to work as ruled here it would need explicit text saying something like “play the card as if from your hand.” which it doesn’t.

I disagree about anything needing to be changed from the card.

Vampire with inscription is not playing the hunger of marduk. They are using an ability on the inscription (which copies the ability from the inscribed card). Since they are not playing the hunger of marduk, the play requirements do not matter.

Putting a card on inscription doesn't have any other requirements than blood sorcery (thaumaturgy), thus hunger of marduk can be put there.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2023 07:09 - 19 Jul 2023 15:32 #108742 by inm8
I didn't suggest the card needed changing and highlighted only what it would need to be for the given ruling to be applicable. requirements on the attribute bar to be considered

What I am suggesting is that the ruling regarding the need to fulfill requirements from the attribute bar that Ankha has given here should be reversed

** updated the text as a ruling hasn´t actually been given...don´t know where I got that notion from...
Last edit: 19 Jul 2023 15:32 by inm8.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alf, Hakuron

More
19 Jul 2023 14:52 #108758 by Hakuron

What I am suggesting is that the ruling regarding the need to fulfill requirements from the attribute bar that Ankha has given here should be reversed

The LSJ ruling was provided by Karl.
I am still waiting for Vincent to verify or falsify that ruling. (I guess he is taking a deep rules dive before doing so.)

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
The following user(s) said Thank You: inm8

More
19 Jul 2023 15:33 - 19 Jul 2023 15:33 #108759 by inm8

The LSJ ruling was provided by Karl.
I am still waiting for Vincent to verify or falsify that ruling. (I guess he is taking a deep rules dive before doing so.)

Thanks for highlighting my error... updated my previous posts...don´t know where I got the notion that a ruling had been given from...
Last edit: 19 Jul 2023 15:33 by inm8.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
26 Jul 2023 13:40 #108823 by inm8
Is a ruling in the works for below (it has been a while already)??

Can "Inscription" be played by a non-Banu Haqim to put this equipment with a copy of "Hunger of Marduk" on a non-Banu Haqim?
And can the latter use this copy?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
26 Jul 2023 15:32 - 26 Jul 2023 15:42 #108824 by Hakuron

Is a ruling in the works for below (it has been a while already)??

Can "Inscription" be played by a non-Banu Haqim to put this equipment with a copy of "Hunger of Marduk" on a non-Banu Haqim?
And can the latter use this copy?

I e-mailed Vincent a few days ago and he confirmed the need of doing a deep rules dive.

Edit: I assume this means we could actually see a reversal of the old ruling. Announcing a reversal means you need to be 100% sure about it, since a reversal of a reversal would not be appreciated.

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
Last edit: 26 Jul 2023 15:42 by Hakuron. Reason: adding a thought
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, inm8, Bloodartist

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds