question-circle Changing avatar

25 Aug 2017 12:41 #83215 by Bloodartist
Changing avatar was created by Bloodartist
I've been trying to change my forum avatar, but it doesn't seem to be working, Is there some problem related to the site or am I just doing it wrong? (Like using wrong size/type). Also note that the profile settings doesn't say what kind of image would be allowed. Maybe it should read somewhere?

I wanted to change avatar after the forum changed and avatar pic apparently went from a square one to a 100x145 rectangle... I don't like my avatar 'squished', even though its not a huge deal.. just something that bothers me.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2017 06:15 #83242 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Changing avatar
I'll have a look at it.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
28 Aug 2017 07:18 #83243 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Changing avatar
Hmm... Well there seems to have been at least an issue with my browser cache... I noticed on my laptop that the avatar had changed during the night, but it hadn't changed on my main desktop. So I cleared the desktop's browser cache, and now the correct avatar shows on desktop as well.

So the issue is at least technically cleared. However I am unsure whether there was any other issue besides the browser cache here, since I'm not sure when did the avatar actually change... I uploaded a new image couple days ago. Everything seemed fin,e just the avatar didn't change.

I might do some extra tests. Did you actually do something or was this all on me?

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
28 Aug 2017 09:32 #83246 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Changing avatar
Nothing special was done, so it's likely a browser cache issue.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds