file Colors

27 Jan 2011 08:42 #831 by Amenophobis
Colors was created by Amenophobis
Is there a way to change to colors of the website individually for each user, like a preference setting or something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2011 08:50 #832 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Colors
At the moment only way to do this is with your browser settings.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
27 Jan 2011 20:30 #863 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: Colors
On BGG people claim that VEKN.NET is not liked because it has a bad colour scheme.
To get more people to join this place, we should at least think about changing the colours.
The benefit would be that people who have issues with the colours could "more easily" view vekn.net from work.
I have to agree to a certain degree here. I noticed that I need also to be careful to read an post here from work - if my collegues and superiors cath me often on flashy black-red sites, they just know I'm not doing my job. :laugh:

How about changing the black background into white, and keeping the rest as is?

More
27 Jan 2011 20:56 - 27 Jan 2011 20:58 #865 by KzArashi
Replied by KzArashi on topic Re: Colors
What a shame :blink: . People surfing on the net instead of working.
Seriously, I'm have no issue with VEKN.net colors. And I have not time at work for surfing.
I believe the site colors fit well the VEKN logo color scheme.

I'm thinking, have so much complaining in here about smiles, color, subscribe options and more.

:laugh: Guys, that is a voluntary work. No one is gaining nothin to develop the site and stuff. And no one is paying nothing for the job done. So take it easy ;)

I agree that everyone opinions can improve the site for everyone gain. But we need to go slow or people will get annoyed and give up. :S

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
:sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
Youtube: Distant Shore
Last edit: 27 Jan 2011 20:58 by KzArashi. Reason: misstypes

More
27 Jan 2011 21:40 #867 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: Colors

On BGG people claim that VEKN.NET is not liked because it has a bad colour scheme.

No, no. Not a *bad* color scheme. It is a very nicely designed site. The color design is very solid. But it is, as noted, not very conducive to looking at when at work, as it is a color design that screams out "this is not remotely work related!" from across the room.

More
27 Jan 2011 21:44 #868 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: Colors

Guys, that is a voluntary work. No one is gaining nothin to develop the site and stuff. And no one is paying nothing for the job done. So take it easy ;)

No one is complaining about these things. I don't like smileys, and was looking to see if there was an option for disabling them in my posts (which is a common thing on a lot of other websites). That isn't complaining. People wanting the default for threads to be "don't subscribe" as opposed to "automatically subscribe" is simply indicating a preference. Discussing the color of the site is not complaining about the site. It is pointing out that the color scheme is not necessarily optimal, if attractive.

I agree that everyone opinions can improve the site for everyone gain. But we need to go slow or people will get annoyed and give up. :S

The site just opened. People are now using it. This is the time to figure out what works or doesn't work. And the way to figure that out is to discuss it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds