file What would you pay for some 10k cards?

14 Oct 2011 11:29 #11972 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja
I'm just thinking what a collection is worth these days. Consider that there are cards from every set 'cept EK, also consider it's heavily Sabbat-based so there's every Lasombra and Tzimisce and not so much every Toreador ever made. Over a ten thousand cards is my rough estimate.

Don't send any PM's yet, because I haven't had the time to make an inventory and I'm not sure if I'm going to sell or not, while the local scene is kinda in torpor and I'm certainly going to start a new hobby (maybe Chess, then I can't complain about seating) it is nice to play with friends every once in a while. I'd simply like to know what's the rough value of V:TES these days. And I'm not looking to make a profit.

:ANI: :AUS: :VIC:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2011 11:35 #11973 by Ashur
If there is a decent amount of rares and no cherrypicking has been done it´s worth alot. But I wouldn´t even consider buying without at least a vague inventory.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
14 Oct 2011 14:42 #11980 by Adonai
I'll give you $6 for all of them.

More
14 Oct 2011 15:31 - 14 Oct 2011 15:32 #11983 by DeathInABottle
Tough to know what it's worth, of course, but if I had the money to spare (I don't) I'd offer $500 as a starting point for discussion. The best way to assess the value would be to make a representative list of the rares and then put it up for auction. The main problem, of course, would be the cost of shipping such an enormous collection.

Edit: Incidentally, I know a guy who just bought a 9000 card collection complete with like 6 Sensory Deprivations, 5 Parity Shifts, etc. for $50 from a guy who just wanted to get rid of the cards.
Last edit: 14 Oct 2011 15:32 by DeathInABottle.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds