file It's time to sell the collection...

20 Feb 2012 21:15 #23745 by david.tatu
A few years ago Robyn and I pruned our collection by about 30,000 cards. We had Rickstock sell them on Ebay and made $3000+. Could not have been easier.

Good luck and glad to hear you are keeping a few decks.

David

David Tatu
V:EKN Scribe
The following user(s) said Thank You: jozxyqk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2012 21:21 #23748 by jozxyqk
That's good to hear, Dave, and that's right.. I'm not completely abandoning the game. In fact, in the process of getting a general inventory, I unearthed 4 or 5 decks that I'm not planning to dismantle. :)

More
20 Feb 2012 21:29 #23749 by blackday
Ok, don't worry your not coming off as offensive. I was just saying you might elicit more interest with photos. Coz, there are some concerns with the fact that you have made such a respectable name in selling/trading cards, that it might actually have devalued your collection in terms of the more sought after rares. And yes, you are correct that "chase rares" will be different from one person to another. I'd be more interested in Anarchs,Sabbat war, Final Nights, KOT. Hell, Im actually looking for some bloodform hahahaha. So if you got several maybe we can agree on something hahaha

More
21 Feb 2012 00:20 #23758 by KevinM

Alright, it sounds like there isn't much interest on buying my whole collection in bulk.

You meant to say "It sounds like there isn't much interest on buying my whole collection in bulk for the price that I demand for it."

Just wanted to make that clear. My previous (private) offer still stands.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
21 Feb 2012 00:34 #23760 by jozxyqk
No, Kevin.
I never quoted any price, and there isn't much interest in buying my whole collection in bulk.
"Not much" doesn't mean "none".
One offer, from you, is still "not much" interest.
But even then, that offer came from when I was (for whatever reason) seriously underestimating the number of cards (ballparking it at 10k instead of the more precise estimate of 25-30k).
I'm not sure why you brought this up in a public forum, but if you wanted to readjust your offer based on the different number of cards, I would consider it a serious offer.

More
21 Feb 2012 03:04 #23766 by KevinM
I'm not sure why you're confused about me bringing it up in a public forum, since other than the number, my offer has always been public.

I'm willing to pay you an amount (plus shipping) which I believe to be higher than your work+time value required to obtain for your cards.

I've gotten collections as large or larger and as choice or choicer than yours for less. So yeah, my offer is serious.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds