file Can we start over? OK, Hi my name is Josh and I'm trying to sell some cards!

20 Feb 2012 21:15 - 20 Feb 2012 21:18 #23747 by jozxyqk
It turns out that selling a large 20k+-card collection as a whole is a terrible idea.
It takes more effort to inventory the whole thing out and and negotiate around obscene shipping charges, than to pick-and-choose a few more cards to sell individually.
Also, web forums are cruel and I am weak and defensive :)

So here's my new pitch:
Keep your eyes on ebay for auctions from me over the next month or so.
If anyone wants to give advice on "what is worth ebaying", I'd be happy to listen, but for now I'm really just guessing.

After I'm sick of ebay again, I'm going to liquidate the rest of the collection either through a reseller like Rickstock, or to sell for pretty-much-the-price-of-shipping to a playgroup like Rubia's.

Thanks for listening.
Last edit: 20 Feb 2012 21:18 by jozxyqk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: david.tatu, D-dennis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2012 23:59 #23754 by Adonai
If you have the time to do a small bit of sorting, Kickstarters are something I'd recommend. No rares, but lots of vampires and appropriate uncommons and commons....

This way players might be more interested in specific subsections of your collection, like all of your vast investment in Hunters . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
21 Feb 2012 00:03 #23755 by Pascal Bertrand
You should split your pile into smaller packs.

Very few people would buy 20k cards.
More people would buy 500-1000 cards (granted they're random, contain at least X playable cards, or they could get a discount on the next pack, ...).

More
21 Feb 2012 01:47 #23763 by jozxyqk
Well, floppyzedolfin, I'm sure I could arrange to send you a package of all of my Nosferatu Hostings, Qadirs, and Patrizias for a fair price... :P

More
21 Feb 2012 01:59 #23764 by Juggernaut1981
Josh,
I'd recommend you build some "Clan Kits" or similar. Include all the Vampires, toss in cards for any Bloodline Discipline they might have, Clan Cards and then ballpark the value of it as a Clan Set. I think they'd probably sell fairly well to older players and new ones alike. For instance, I've got a huge gap in my G2 Las, Tzi and Gios

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
21 Feb 2012 02:18 #23765 by CryWolf

I'd recommend you build some "Clan Kits" or similar. Include all the Vampires, toss in cards for any Bloodline Discipline they might have, Clan Cards and then ballpark the value of it as a Clan Set. I think they'd probably sell fairly well to older players and new ones alike. For instance, I've got a huge gap in my G2 Las, Tzi and Gios

+1 this.

I, for one, would be interested in such "Clan Kits" for :nosf: !nosf! :akun:, especially the later sets.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds