file Best webshop/seller for vtes singles?

22 Jun 2012 09:33 #32373 by Ashur
I´m looking for 40-50 crap rares just to complete some sets. I want to buy everything at one place. Where should I look? What stores are best? Cheapest? (I´ve already been at House Atreides - good, but didn´t have everything)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2012 11:27 #32376 by Poci
The best 3 maybe:

Bik_76 (Czech Vtes Store):
-Big selection
-slightly more expensive than other 2
-free shipping from 30$, 10% discount from 100$
-fast shipping (3-7 days)

Idasoft17 (Australia's Online VTES Card Store):
-slightly less cards
-discount sales
-cheapest from the 3 generally

Rickstock (Rick's Jyhad and VTES Card Shop)
-Large selection
-fast shipping

I hope, it helped!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
22 Jun 2012 11:51 #32377 by Pendargon
I dealt with all 3 of the above, and it is all true.
bik has best selection, but prices are on the up side. But if you buy big, over 100 bucks it is so worth it.

Australia online (idasoft) is also very cool, with good prices, mitigated by relatively long shipping time. But It is run by an awesome trader, easy to talk with and deal

Rickstock i had also excellent experiences with, if you need something you can always contact him directly, and he will try to work out a good deal for both of you.

I recommend all 3.

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
22 Jun 2012 12:15 #32378 by Kiddo
I second Pendargon's opinions - I too have dealt with all three mentioned and I have only had positive experience.

More
22 Jun 2012 18:04 - 22 Jun 2012 18:12 #32392 by RoddimusPrime
First of all let me say my experience is deep with ebay and I am sure any of the major sellers know me by name at this point.

I agree with the below description. There used to be more vtes stores on ebay, but not anymore. They have either exited due to sales shortening, selling everything off, or moved away from ebay.

The three sellers listed also have many of the most common cards you need to play the game and are in general reasonably priced. Yes, sometimes "buy it now" prices are overpriced, but you will have that.

idasoft is from Australia and naturally it is more expensive to ship to and from that country and thus a bit more pricey with shipping. But, he still is one of the big three and certainly worth looking into his cards. He is also very reasonable to resolve problems and easy to talk to.

bik without doubt has the most cards and is based out of Europe. Plus he is the most likely to have any card and have it in multiples, including most top rares. And the cheapest shipping, even when compared to sellers out of the US. He also is easy to talk to and you can ask for certain cards/deals. Shipping cost and amount of cards is the biggest draw. Shipping time is about the same to the US and quicker to Europe than the other two in general.

Rickstock is the classic old school seller based in the USA. He has a lot of cards and tends to do a mixed variety in all his lots. He tends to ride the middle line in pricing between the other two. He is very quick to ship cards from when he receives the orders. However, you will not always find his cards via an ebay search like "vtes ____" and thus you will need to go into his store and search for the cards. But, just add him as a favorite seller and no problems.

I wil say this though. Part of it will depend on personal taste and of course your location. They cover three different immediate zones and thus it depends on your goals of what and how much you are ordering. Sometimes when you are planning on buying 20 different cards you may decide to go with one guy over buying from 2 different sellers simply because the total will be less if you are only paying one shipping charge (esp. if it is free). By referring to taste I am referring to edition of the cards (and potentially condition). While all of them sell mixed lots, you may or may not care to have some of them as Jyhad cards. Personally, 99% of cards I own are non-Jyhad. And I have roughly 13,000 cards to prove that. I can name maybe 3 different cards which I have Jyhad versions of and one of them is Parity Shift. They are also less valuable and not to mention may be out of date on the legal text. For that reason I typically avoid mixed lot with Jyhad backed cards or if I buy them I intend on not using the Jyhad versions. Rickstock has the most mixed lots with Jyhad cards, but he also typically has several mixed lots of that card and they also may be cheaper as a result of including the Jyhad cards versus other sellers. Again, personal taste.

Lastly, there are a few consistent sellers of singles over the years that purely or mostly list singles auction styles. Most have ended their run or are very seldom selling cards anymore or very few at a time. But, that is another list that is probably not too much longer than the big 3 stores. Personally, I would put myself into the auction category. You can even find my cards on their right now. But, I don't care to do a VTES store as that would be a chore to run an entire store and I would end up buying more collections and it seems like a lot of work for something that could have a finite future. Plus, there is a limited amount of money you could make. Perhaps the only 3 people who sell enough cards to make it their day job are the big 3 mentioned and even they probably have other methods of income and/or things they may sell.

The best 3 maybe:

Bik_76 (Czech Vtes Store):
-Big selection
-slightly more expensive than other 2
-free shipping from 30$, 10% discount from 100$
-fast shipping (3-7 days)

Idasoft17 (Australia's Online VTES Card Store):
-slightly less cards
-discount sales
-cheapest from the 3 generally

Rickstock (Rick's Jyhad and VTES Card Shop)
-Large selection
-fast shipping

I hope, it helped!

Last edit: 22 Jun 2012 18:12 by RoddimusPrime.

More
22 Jun 2012 23:12 #32406 by KevinM
ASHUR: You could PM me with your list. It's possible that I have some cards for you.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds