file VTES DB - Announcement

02 Apr 2020 13:48 #99493 by Sydnelson
Replied by Sydnelson on topic VTES DB - Announcement

I noticed that you've apparently used the latest card text for the text version (I checked just Parity Shift). Nice!

Card text public available from VEKN: www.vekn.net/card-lists in CSV (which is trivial for conversion to JSON, used in the service), so I assume there will be no problem keeping all card text updated in the future. This text is used for search.

However, at least Parity Shift still had the VTES version as the picture. Which might be problematic as some people might not check both.

This part is more tricky. At my disposal I only have outdated pictures and I have no idea where to get it updated. I manually added several missing new crypt cards from Black Chantry site announces, but it is pretty time consuming to keep all base updated this way (especially without reliable source of images).
We must either wait for the workaround from BCP... or kindred fellows can contribute and share updated cards with me to be inlcuded :)

Seems you use images from old version of Lackey/FELD I've created based in revised beta cards text CSV.

Since revised CSV Beta was discontinued, I revert back to official CSV (04/NOV/2019) and recreate all card images.

You can download all images pack here
www.vekn.net/forum/v-tes-inventory-deckbuilding-programs/78088-feld-update-2-71-with-first-blood

*You can use FELD as inspiration to add more features to you project. I like your site.

And about CSV, I'm waiting Vincent (Ankha) update official CSV with latest promo cards (Boleslaw Gutowski and Gabriel Tremblay) and Assamite cards reflecting DriveThru release updates.

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2020 15:38 #99494 by smeeag
Replied by smeeag on topic VTES DB - Announcement

Seems you use images from old version of Lackey/FELD I've created based in revised beta cards text CSV.

Since revised CSV Beta was discontinued, I revert back to official CSV (04/NOV/2019) and recreate all card images.

You can download all images pack here
www.vekn.net/forum/v-tes-inventory-deckbuilding-programs/78088-feld-update-2-71-with-first-blood

That's fantastic!
Base updated with all your images, thanks a lot!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Sydnelson

More
02 Apr 2020 17:02 #99497 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic VTES DB - Announcement

And about CSV, I'm waiting Vincent (Ankha) update official CSV with latest promo cards (Boleslaw Gutowski and Gabriel Tremblay) and Assamite cards reflecting DriveThru release updates.

Boleslaw Gutowski and Gabriel Tremblay have not been released yet, so they won't be included. Assamite cards should be included pretty soon.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Sydnelson

More
03 Apr 2020 07:56 #99499 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic VTES DB - Announcement
To mangle a quot from Lando:

"This deal is getting better all the time!"

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
13 Apr 2020 19:03 #99576 by smeeag
Replied by smeeag on topic VTES DB - Announcement
Today it is updated with icons (in addition to text) in some select forms:
- Crypt+Library > Clan
- Library > Discipline
- Library > Card Type

Unfortunately, I cannot implement it for mobile native full-screen select forms, but I belive icons are more important (and for other forms it still works).

Additionally, there were was a problem for some laptop resolutions showing mobile version (though full-hd display presented), but now it must work. If you experience problems - especially on lower screens - please report and I'll try to fix it.

There were also several minor fixes/improvements, but not really worth mentioning.

Also I am open to proposals (except result sorting & preservance of previously chosen search options, both are necessary but I'm still figuring out how to do it).

More
14 Apr 2020 15:54 - 14 Apr 2020 15:57 #99585 by lip
Replied by lip on topic VTES DB - Announcement
Kudos for this beautiful work smeeag !

The code looks awesome too.

For what it's worth, if you'd like to stay up-to-date with card text updates, I opted for downloading the CSV file from VEKN directly on bootstrap for KRCG , the small tool I wrote for the Codex site.

It's in Python/Flask too, do not hesitate to copy the parts you like if you want, or to run it directly on your side, independently or as a library (its available on Pypi ).

If you'd like to work together on a common tool, I'd be up for it.
Last edit: 14 Apr 2020 15:57 by lip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds