file Cause and Effect - 02

26 Oct 2011 13:35 #12881 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 02

I really like the CnE idea but i would recommend that you either use most recent printings of the cards you discuss or that you point out what isn't. In e2 you were for example talking about nephandus and said it would die from sup crows. it won't since it is a damaging effect and if you read the MRP you see that nephandus' special apply to all damaging effects.

Nephandi DO actually die from superior Crows.

Cardtext:
Each strike or damaging effect made against the Nephandus by the opposing minion during combat inflicts 1 less damage.

Crow damage isn't inflicted by the opposing minions. Also see

groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_thread/thread/b64091501469f361/27774357ca783e5f

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2011 11:47 - 27 Oct 2011 11:49 #12926 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 02
Hi,
First, excellent work guys.
Second, I would like to give you some feedback, so here it's.
- Topic of this part was much broader than for previous part. As a result it was much longer (I don't now if it's good or not) and some things were not analysed too deeply.
- IMO first part of this second part of first season :) was a little better as you talk generally about allies decks. In second part you talk about too many archetypes and, as a result, some decks didn't get as much attention as they should. I'm thinking especially about war ghoul deck which is very common (and often succesfull) on tournaments and deserves deeper analysis, similar to the one that grinder deck got. Particularly, you didn't mention Piper War Ghoul version which is a "must to mention" when talking about war ghoul deck
- I feel that allies decks is such a broad topic that at least few episodes of C&E could be devoted to it. Especially that some typical allies decks are working in entirely different way than other allies decks and shouldn't be put in same bag.
Last edit: 27 Oct 2011 11:49 by alek.

More
27 Oct 2011 12:16 - 27 Oct 2011 12:17 #12928 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 02

Hi,
Particularly, you didn't mention Piper War Ghoul version which is a "must to mention" when talking about war ghoul deck

Piper in any case is great.
Petri has used these in his Khazar's Diary/Cry Wolf deck to success.
If you don't stealth Piper is a great option to get the Allies in!

Also in anti-Allies tech you didn't mention, or I just missed, Marged Sébastian Goulet who is poison to Ally decks.

Ah, the crappy discipline Dominate also has anti-Ally card, Far Mastery. It is not as brilliant as Entrancement, but I tend to add one to most of my Dominate decks.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 27 Oct 2011 12:17 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
27 Oct 2011 14:13 #12931 by Forhead
Replied by Forhead on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 02

- Topic of this part was much broader than for previous part. As a result it was much longer (I don't now if it's good or not) and some things were not analysed too deeply.

First off, thanks!

I agree with you on this. We are still learning and this episode we learned that to broad topics is not good. So in the future we will try to narrow it down.

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark

More
27 Oct 2011 16:56 #12935 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 02
Also, as ally decks are concerned, probably the most successful of all after Shamblers is Kahzar's Diary (once they came out got more TWDs than the other 2 archetypes you talked about).
Did you leave it out on purpose? May you share with us why?

More
27 Oct 2011 18:46 - 27 Oct 2011 18:47 #12939 by Xaddam
Replied by Xaddam on topic Re: Cause and Effect - 02
Khazar's is an ally deck, but it's very different from the other ally-decks we talked about. We wouldn't have had time to talk about it, and it warrants a very in-depth discussion. We more or less decided it's probably worth an entire show by itself. (no promises when that might happen, of course)

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro
Last edit: 27 Oct 2011 18:47 by Xaddam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds