file Cause and Effect - S2E03

29 Jan 2012 23:45 - 29 Jan 2012 23:46 #22041 by Forhead
The third episode of the second season is now done and uploaded on youtube. This time we tried out the deck clinc once again, but this time we had a slightly different approach. Hopefully this results in a more intresting show and a deep analyzis.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Deck Name : Lasombra - Baltimore Purge
Author : Aleksander Idziak
Warning: Spoiler!

Adam’s version

Isak’s Version

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark
Last edit: 29 Jan 2012 23:46 by Forhead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pullen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2012 19:47 #22082 by extrala
With what amazing deck Anders swept a table?

More
30 Jan 2012 22:26 #22086 by Anders Löf
It's a shambling horde anarch keystone kine dabbler deck, no more no less. Not my idea, not even my deck, but funny. Don't have a deck list.

More
31 Jan 2012 20:53 #22154 by Louhi
Replied by Louhi on topic Re: Cause and Effect - S2E03
This is in essence what Anders played, maybe just a card or two is off in the stealth package.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 8 average: 4.66667

4x Anarch Convert 1 Caitiff:0
3x Pochtli 8 NEC OBF POT cel dom Giovanni:2
3x Rafaele Giovanni 6 NEC cel obf Giovanni:2
2x Le Dinh Tho 5 NEC aus dom Nagaraja:2

Library [64 cards]

Action [8]
8x Keystone Kine

Action Modifier [16]
1x Call of the Hungry Dead
4x Cloak the Gathering
1x Conditioning
3x Faceless Night
4x Lost in Crowds
1x Monkey Wrench
2x Trochomancy

Action Modifier/Combat [1]
1x Swallowed by the Night

Action Modifier/Reaction [1]
1x Spectral Divination

Ally [12]
12x Shambling Hordes

Combat [4]
4x Trap

Event [2]
2x Unmasking, The

Master [12]
1x Barrens, The
4x Dabbler
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Fame
1x Giant's Blood
1x Life in the City
2x Path of Bone, The
1x Wider View

Reaction [8]
4x Deflection
4x On the Qui Vive

Thinking about throwing in a gear up or two and taking out one other card but undecided if it will improve anything.

Lidingö Scourge
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

More
01 Feb 2012 15:11 - 01 Feb 2012 15:12 #22195 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Cause and Effect - S2E03
I just had an occasion to watch last episode and I have to say it was really good, not only becouse my deck was discused :)
I think quality of the analysis was much better than last time, it was much deeper, with pros & cons of different choices, reasons why to build it in diffent ways, etc. I really like and it was very helpful.
As for the deck itself I would like to point out my feelings behind it.
1. First of all I think I'll be risky to play it in current standard tournament meta. The main reason for it are inner circles which are now very often present in tournaments and which wasn't a case few years ago. This fact means that playing baltimore purge with 10 cap will be very problematic. The decklist I've send is really old, I've just refreshed it with some new cards from KoT (namely Monastery and Enkil Cog), but the deck itself was build a long time ago. Today I'll definitely based it on 11 cap.
2. I really like a concept of including mind rapes. It completes the strategy nicely.
3. As for the crypt acceleration I'm not sure yet. I know you are big fan of it, and I think it's very strong in master decks and decks that have room in master portion of the deck. In other decks, the risk of clogging a hand with it in middle and end game could be to big comparing to benefits, especially in decks with freak drives which often burns minion cards quite fast. In both you version the master part was heavy so this would be a big problem.
4. As for the shadow body I found it very usefull on superior. When doing a lot of action on 0 stealth (mind rape, baltimore purge, diablerize, graverobbing, bleeding) in same turn, it's veeery good to have this kind of tapping effect (especially for carlton)
5. If I would choose one of your version it would be Isak's. I feel it's more focused, with smaller master portion (still to big for this deck in my opinion) and with better crypt (second vampire with fortitude, being able to play purge, freak, something else is huge). I would left the coven in (maybe replacing monastery of shadows) and possibly carlton.
To sum up, again great job men.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2012 15:12 by alek.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forhead, Xaddam

More
05 Feb 2012 16:13 #22366 by extrala
It would be great if you could announce if/when the next show is going to be broadcasted!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forhead

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds