file Cause and Effect - Interview with Ben Peal

02 Apr 2012 14:18 - 02 Apr 2012 14:46 #27098 by Anders Löf
Hello everybody and welcome to the answer of Lambach question.

As we see it you have two questions. 1, why did we not press the matter of the dispute, i.e Ben Peals absents and return to the design team, and 2, why we haven't invited Jeff Kuta on the show.

1. We decided as a team not to focus the dispute of the design team but rather try and focus on the development of the new set. Our question wasn't "why did it happen", it was "what happens now". The reason we didn’t se any point in going further in to the dispute is A) Both parties have made their points in a public forum and have had a chance to make public replies. B ) We want to have a productive approach in the show, try and and get everybody up to speed on whats going on. Focusing a dispute witch already have been settled for the most part felt counter productive. We want to make a show about V:tes, not scandals.

2. The reason we haven't invited Jeff on the show is simple. Do to resent events he is no longer a part of the design team and holds no official role as spokes person for the new expansion. If we would have had more focus on the dispute it self we would of course be obligated to have Jeff on the show to portray both sides of the story. But as we felt both parties have had their say in the matter and chose a different focus we didn’t se it as appropriate. It would have been, as someone pointed out, a endless circle of rebuttals.

That being said we hold a tremendous respect for everybody who loves the game and is devoting their free time to make it better. Even if it sometimes leads to fall outs. And if we in the future find a subject witch Jeff could help us whit we would love to have him on the show. As you said, he seams to be a intelligent and devoted player.

As a side not we understand that in this new stage of management of the game their is a lot of questions concerning the legitimity of the leadership of VEKN. We have no plans in to to a show concerning this subject any time soon but if the community feels it would be interesting we could do a Q&A or something like that in the future.

Finally: thanks for the critique, (and we mean that!) and the question. You do have a point in that that we could have been harder, and we will think about that in the future and try not to shy away from the hard questions if we deem them necessary. We are blessed and/or cursed with viewers who ask questions and have opinions. That makes our job easier and/or harder, but the result is in the end always a better show and for that we are thankful.

Much love

Anders Löf/ on behalf of the Cause & Effect team.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2012 14:46 by Anders Löf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, vragozakas, Dorrinal, DTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2012 19:28 #27124 by Lambach
Hey Anders thank you for the reply and your explanation. It makes sense, given the nature of your show, why you wouldn't want to spend more time retreading this stuff and instead get back to talking about the game.

As a playtester, if I feel the process now isn't yielding cards of acceptable quality, the correct place to make my case is with my playtest liason. I just really hope VEKN will listen to the playtest feedback and not decide that because 1 or 2 people high up really like the design of a card, it therefore won't be changed no matter what.

Thanks again. Looking forward to the next show.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds