file Cause and Effect - S03E02

23 Apr 2012 07:16 #28384 by Forhead
Greetings!

The second part of the thrid season is now uploaded to youtube. This time we try to explore table interaction and the necessity of planning your VPs and how to get into a favorable three player game. Next episode will air the 6th or the 8th of May. Enjoy!

Part 1:

Part 2:

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick M, KevinM, Hakuron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2012 19:27 #28482 by Hakuron
Great lecture!
:woohoo:

(btw: You were talking about "strategy" all the time (compared to chess, and this comparison makes sense), because tactics are clear-cut, more short-term sequences to achieve a certain goal, i.e. playing Fame on a vampire of your prey, who is on 3 or less pool, and than rushing that minion to torpor and gain a VP.)

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forhead, Xaddam

More
24 Apr 2012 12:55 #28583 by brandonsantacruz
Quick note on seating choice:
You may learn about what your opponents are playing by playing in earlier rounds, or by gleaning it from seeing/hearing about it. I find it very useful to play in an earlier round with finalists because it gives me an idea about whether I can handle their decks. Maybe you know they can't hurt you (i.e. an ANI deck should choose a Shambling Horde deck as it's pred), or maybe you know that you can easily hurt them (i.e. if playing a somewhat stealthy bleed deck, choose bruise-bleed prey, especially without bounce). Most importantly, sit to the left of wall decks, as grand-prey if you need to take undirected actions. Fail to do this and you might never get your actions through.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
01 May 2012 17:55 #29183 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Re: Cause and Effect - S03E02
Great show, really informative and useful — put some of it to use over the weekend.

The seating manipulation advice in finals was really useful — had second to last choice and was effectively able to place the top seed where I wanted...

More
01 May 2012 20:27 #29208 by Xaddam
That's awesome to hear! Hope we haven't made any enemies in the top seed. :D

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro

More
09 May 2012 04:44 #29751 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Cause and Effect - S03E02
we're all waiting for the next episode. Bring it on!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds