file Back-rushing on Stockholmjyhad

07 May 2012 09:24 #29569 by Ashur
Myrdin has written something about the delicate art of back-rushing here

I personaly think it´s a dilemma that many newbies seem to enjoy playing rush and other types of "minion removal" (Sense Dep etc), when it´s actually very hard to master. It´s a sad flaw in the game that I don´t really know what could be done to fix.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2012 12:38 #29589 by ReverendRevolver
my meta is notoriously combat heavy, and the first deck i built myself was celerity-guns 2nd trad with anson.
i have no idea how to train newbies about backrushing, because everything about the wrongs and rights are incredibly situational 90% of the time.
DO: when your prey is a combat that trumps yours, your hand needs some fixing, and your predator is playing stealthbleed and is asking for pain. table balance means little to you if you get ousted, and going forward isn't an option if you're playing guns and your prey is playing osebo grapple with maneuvers galore.

do not: your prey is playing noob-ish malk '94 and has out gilbert duane (who you've famed) mariel lady thunder, and did meyers. all have 1-2 beads on them, tension and dragonbound are out, your ready region is cock robin, nikolous vermillion, mouse, and wolfgang, you have deep song, taunt the cage beast, and combat in hand. your predator is nadima wall and downwind of stealthbleed, and hasn't taken a forward action in 3 turns, and is low on pool. clearly, lunging is a better option, and your predator needs to stay on d. you could possibly dunk 3 minions, cock untaps possibly to bleed with deepsong, so at most, you could leave your prey taking 3 to tension, 3 to fame, 2 to a bleed, one to fame during untap, and 3 to dragonbound.12 pool hits are normally ousts. your predator isn't hurting you at all. backrush = not playing to win.

now, i as a noob used to always get out ansen, 2nd trad block a bleed, pull out a 44 and leave the acting minion with 0-2 beads but above ground as a "chest thump" to try and discourage further actions at me.

back rushing is a tool, and its very complicated to get that through to new players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds