file Myrdin on denial

18 Sep 2012 08:10 #37135 by Ashur
Myrdin on denial was created by Ashur
... can be read at Stockholmjyhad right now. What do you think?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2012 14:39 #37158 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Myrdin on denial
It is good to see ideas such as you write about here!
:)

I'd change this sentence:
The easiest way to introduce denial into a deck is by adding the Eurostealth package.

to:
The easiest way to introduce denial into a deck is by adding cards that tap your opponent's minions, such as the example of the Eurostealth package given earlier.

so that you are accounting for all the other cards that tap your opponent's minions, and not just promoting a particular Master package.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myrdin

More
18 Sep 2012 15:10 #37160 by Myrdin
Replied by Myrdin on topic Re: Myrdin on denial

It is good to see ideas such as you write about here!

I'd change this sentence:
The easiest way to introduce denial into a deck is by adding the Eurostealth package.

to:
The easiest way to introduce denial into a deck is by adding cards that tap your opponent's minions, such as the example of the Eurostealth package given earlier.

so that you are accounting for all the other cards that tap your opponent's minions, and not just promoting a particular Master package.

The main reason I specified that particular master-package is because it's disciplineless and thus fits into almost any deck. Others in this criteria would be Blind Spot, Fear of Mekhet and Temptation of Greater Power but they are more cornercase and not as easily added to decks.

Ivan - Prince of Stockholm

More
18 Sep 2012 15:29 #37166 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Myrdin on denial
On the one hand, it is discipline-less and fits into any deck, which is good. On the other hand, Master space is at a premium and these might not be the best cards to add into every deck, especially if there are library cards that function similarly and fit into the library better.

Unless you are suggesting that the player should find a place for them. In which case I understand what you are saying better than I did before.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myrdin

More
18 Sep 2012 16:19 - 18 Sep 2012 16:23 #37173 by Myrdin
Replied by Myrdin on topic Re: Myrdin on denial

On the one hand, it is discipline-less and fits into any deck, which is good. On the other hand, Master space is at a premium and these might not be the best cards to add into every deck, especially if there are library cards that function similarly and fit into the library better.

Unless you are suggesting that the player should find a place for them. In which case I understand what you are saying better than I did before.

I agree really, but still in general I try to suggest for players to find space for them, although I think that with high-flow support disciplines (obf,obt etc.) they can be less benefitial. Generally speaking even with combat decks (active denial decks) these cards can be very useful.

I also mentioned it as an aid for contemplating deck-design with a denial perspective, always consider adding that particular master package and think about what tapping all your prey's minions repeatedly would do for your own cardflow and your opponents cardflow.

Ivan - Prince of Stockholm
Last edit: 18 Sep 2012 16:23 by Myrdin.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds