file Update to new blogger editor & consequences

24 Sep 2012 11:53 #37653 by extrala
Somewhat off-topic, but only somewhat ..

I have been using blogger/blogspot (as provided by Google) as blogging platform for well over 5 years now, but Google in its eternal wisdom decided to introduce a new interface/editor earlier this year. At first this was optional, but on September 20th they made it mandatory for users.

Since the new interface is almost unusable for me (contrast, posts overview, navigation in general, etc. etc.), I am really considering switching to WordPress (although that will be a pain in the a.. as well).

Since there are some VTES bloggers, which are using blogger/blogspot as well, I wanted ask about their opinion:
  • Can you work well with the new interface?
  • Are you considering switching as well?
  • Anyone has experience with WordPress (or any recommendations for another blogging platform)?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2012 11:56 #37654 by Pascal Bertrand
Not sure this message has enough visibility - maybe it's worth having a blog entry (so that the other bloggers get the notification, if such a notificaiton exists)
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

More
24 Sep 2012 12:05 #37656 by Juggernaut1981
My issues have been around setting the formatting. I needed to edit the Style-thingy a bit recently and Im still not really happy.

It's okay.
Don't love it, don't hate it.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
24 Sep 2012 18:45 #37666 by Stefan
I have never liked the interface and am instead using Windows Live Writer. Not optimal at all but it works and is pretty reliable.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds