file Cleanup TWDA on Secret Library

22 Nov 2013 13:53 - 22 Nov 2013 13:54 #56895 by extrala
Since the Secret Library forum is spammed massively, I put the some cleanup items for TWDs on Secret Library here:
No (Creation) Date:
  • Ahrimanes Wall- by Tremere -- Tremere -- Dec 13, 2012
  • Cardano !! -- Michel Briand -- Mar 19, 2011
  • Despiral / Salubri and !Salubri -- Mark Loughman -- Aug 31, 2009
  • Draba Jack -- Robert Goudie -- May 28, 2013
  • Inner Circle by Thiago -- Thiago Sousa -- Nov 26, 2012
  • Ninja Parade -- cthulukitty -- Jul 3, 2009
  • Power cooler -- Xavier Bourgoin -- Mar 20, 2011
  • Toy Story -- Intoxica -- Dec 13, 2010
  • Tupdog Surprise. -- Michael Tomkins -- May 12, 2009
  • Tzimisce minimalist toolbox -- Johann Ong -- Oct 25, 2012
  • When your heart is weak -- Lestat -- Sep 25, 2013
Last edit: 22 Nov 2013 13:54 by extrala.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2013 13:57 #56896 by HG.fi

Wrong Date (2025 instead of 2014): www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=13688

Wrong date in your post as well. :) I won that tournament 25 August 2013, last modifications to the deck the same morning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

More
More
22 Nov 2013 18:41 #56907 by brettscho
The problem with duplicate entries is (at least partially) due to the fact that an official TWD entry doesn't appear as that person's deck. As in, when I click on "My Decks" the one winning deck I have (woot!) doesn't show up. So I ended up putting a second listing of it up so that I could have it in my list as a reference. Of course, if somebody searches for decks that have me as the "author" then both copies will appear. Now that I'm reading this, I'm not at all sure it's clear, but hopefully somebody can understand what I'm trying to say :).

Not sure if there is a good fix or not, jut attempting to explain the duplicates.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
25 Nov 2013 15:36 #57107 by extrala

Now that I'm reading this, I'm not at all sure it's clear, but hopefully somebody can understand what I'm trying to say.

I completely understand your issue. But that's not the only reason for those duplicates. Sometimes the same or two different persons (tournament organizer and the winner for example) enter the deck without checking first if it already exists.

The only workaround is to enter your name in the author field of the search form and then search for those decks, instead of clicking "My decks".

In my opinion the more elegant solution would be to (as you suggested), to show both the decks someone owns plus the decks where one is named as an author. But this would require a modification to the SL.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds