file Ashur´s War Journal January 2016

08 Jan 2016 16:00 #74891 by Ashur
Just me mumbling some about VTES:
stockholmjyhad.blogspot.se/2016/01/ashurs-war-journal-january-2016.html

Feel free to comment, here or anywhere!

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2016 05:43 #74929 by xXLazarusXx
Good stuff.

I also wonder about the new set. I guess we will see on monday...

Vtes will never get a reboot, if anything they will scrap it all and do a world of darkness LCG.

Prince of Lodi, Ca
Everyone must ride with Charon, by and by. We merely wish to know what to ask him before we step onto his boat.
:hosk:

More
14 Jan 2016 09:35 #74931 by Ashur

Vtes will never get a reboot, if anything they will scrap it all and do a world of darkness LCG.

Interesting. What source for this information do you have?

More
15 Jan 2016 02:53 - 15 Jan 2016 02:59 #74936 by xXLazarusXx
Pure speculation my friend. Just my opinion.
A vampire "reprint" would cause mountians of paperwork, and money. They are already talking about making the world of darkness one meta, so making game specific spinoff games like Vtes would be counter productive. They might as well start a new, all encompassing game where they wouldn't have to compete with themselves.
CCGs might still be a thing, but it's not like it was in the 90s.(maybe magic is...)
They would have better luck with a LCG in today's market.
Lok at GoT, Netrunner, and call of Cthulhu. All got turned from meh ccgs into mildly successful lcgs, with little to no effort past changing card borders or a rule here and there.
I'm not sure if they expanded the games much past already printed materials, in the above cases, but that would destroy any market value that the cards we do have might hold. You don't see a magic LCG for this very reason. (Again, my opinion. But there isn't one.)
Not that you would catch me selling my vtes.

Prince of Lodi, Ca
Everyone must ride with Charon, by and by. We merely wish to know what to ask him before we step onto his boat.
:hosk:
Last edit: 15 Jan 2016 02:59 by xXLazarusXx. Reason: Expansion of topic.

More
15 Jan 2016 18:04 - 15 Jan 2016 18:04 #74941 by Ashur
I think there is a big difference between VTES in new package (LCG or whatever) and a totally new game. WW seem much more interested in keeping and pleasing existing communities than just making big bucks, and as long as future VTES cards will be in tune with their new "One World of Darkness" (which seem to be a rollback to pre-Gehenna oWoD, with new metaplots - correct me if I´m wrong), I see no problem with continueing VTES.

Maybe some day, several years from now, a new WoD-card game inspired by the best bits from VTES might be a good idea, but it would be a shame to shut down VTES totally just to wait for that thing.

Last edit: 15 Jan 2016 18:04 by Ashur.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds