file Why was this topic locked?

27 Aug 2012 11:52 #35407 by KevinM
Regarding the topic Can I play Giant's Blood on an uncontrolled vampire?, why did Ankha lock that topic? Seems quite a draconian decision for no real reason.

There have been other topics that have gone on and on for a hundred posts after the point had been made. That is called discussion. Why wasn't this permitted for this post?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: mirddes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2012 12:10 - 27 Aug 2012 12:17 #35408 by Ankha
As I've explained when closing the topic, the answer to the rule question has been answered. Derivative discussions (if any) must take place elsewhere, for example the Card Balance & Strategy Discussion. If another rule question raises, it must have its own topic.

Doing otherwise leads to lose valuable informations in a mass of vaguely related topics. (I'm opened to discussion about this).

Now, the reason why I've locked the topic rather than letting it die is that moderators have received a complain concerning the lack of etiquette of the original post of the topic (meaningless title and message). The message have a poor quality regarding the original question -- or wasn't born under the right star if you prefer -- (even though I changed the title to make it more valuable through a research) and I didn't want it to contain interesting questions that deserve their own topic.
This doesn't mean of course that there's any kind of censorship, you are free to create topics as mentionned above.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 27 Aug 2012 12:17 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
27 Aug 2012 13:01 #35410 by KevinM
I'll let it lie, then, but I'll submit that if "lack of etiquette" is a qualifier for locking a post then half the posts on VEKN.net need to be watched closely and locked appropriately. ;)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
27 Aug 2012 13:11 #35411 by Ohlmann

I'll let it lie, then, but I'll submit that if "lack of etiquette" is a qualifier for locking a post then half the posts on VEKN.net need to be watched closely and locked appropriately. ;)

Have you read the original post ? Some lack of etiquette can be worse than other, and this one was both pretty bad and coming from someone who have already done quite a lot of topic ignoring basic thread creation rule.

(I do not pretend to be moderator or anything, I am just pointing out that simpley lacking a "hello" is not the same than repeted "offenses" ; I do believe that ignoring completely that kind of post would be way better than trying to understand and seeing mirrdes redo the same thing in the next thread)

More
28 Aug 2012 05:46 #35430 by wesile
Well, moderating a forum is a burden and I can understand why Ankha locked the post.

Taking this kind of decisions is always a "damn if you do it/damn if you don't" situation.

Just open a new topic regarding giants blood and keep on. Its not a big deal.

More
28 Aug 2012 05:53 #35431 by Lönkka
I'm all for more moderation.

Well done Ankha.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds