file Card idea: On the List

07 Sep 2011 16:19 - 07 Sep 2011 16:44 #9713 by Joscha
What do you think of this one?

On the List
Cardtype: Master
0 pool
Play this card on a ready minion. If this minion is titled this card costs two additional pool. The minion with this card is considered Red List.

This would be a reliable way to make others Red List and thus would solve at least one problem of trophy-decks.
The two additional pool cost for titled is for balancing out the card. If you compare it to Trumped-up Charges (pol.act.) or Red List (the action) this card seems powerful because you can't block it or vote it down/delay it. And I think it is okay because of the background. I think it is hard to put a vampire with cainite support (title) on the Red List.
You can't make s.o. Red List AND mark him in the same turn, so that is even more balancing.
Is it too weak that way?

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 07 Sep 2011 16:44 by Joscha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2011 18:22 #9716 by agzocgud
Replied by agzocgud on topic Re: Card idea: On the List
I would put a lot of restrictions and make it a trifle since trophies are master cards as well.

Suggestions:
Requires a titled vampire,
Play on vampire with capacity of 6 or less
This vampire may move this card to a younger vampie as a d-action
This vampire may burn this card as a d-action
During your untap phase, burn 1 pool or bur this card.

Overkill is highly underrated. You know, like in computor games and such.

More
07 Sep 2011 19:13 #9720 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: On the List

What do you think of this one?

On the List
0 pool
Play this card on a ready minion. If this minion is titled this card costs two additional pool. The minion with this card is considered Red List.

This would be a reliable way to make others Red List and thus would solve at least one problem of trophy-decks.
The two additional pool cost for titled is for balancing out the card. If you compare it to Trumped-up Charges (pol.act.) or Red List (the action) this card seems powerful because you can't block it or vote it down/delay it. And I think it is okay because of the background. I think it is hard to put a vampire with cainite support (title) on the Red List.
You can't make s.o. Red List AND mark him in the same turn, so that is even more balancing.
Is it too weak that way?

I would make it unplayable on a titled vampire, and require an older titled vampire. Or something like:

On the List
Requires a ready titled vampire. Choose an ally, a younger vampire with no title or a titled younger vampire with less votes (Priscus counts as 3 votes for this effect). Put this card on that minion. The minion with this card is considered Red List. Any vampire can call a referendum at +1 stealth to burn this card.

You skip the vote part, but still need to have a high-cap titled vampire (at least bigger and more titled than his victim).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
08 Sep 2011 07:56 #9747 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: On the List
A clause "You gain an additional master phase action, only usable to play a trophy master card." could be interesting too.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
08 Sep 2011 14:14 #9762 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Card idea: On the List
I like the idea of these requirements:

Requires an titled vampire.
Can be removed with a +1 stealth referendum.

Then I'd skip the "two additional pool" for playing on titled vampires.

I wouldn't make it trifle though, as putting someone on the Red List doesn't feel like trifleness IMHO. The idea with an additional master phase action to put a Trophycard in play is a good one but sounds too bulky in my eyes. What about "If you play this card search for a Trophy master card in your library, hand or ashheap and put it in play."? That would be very fitting the background.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: drstrange26

More
08 Sep 2011 15:22 #9765 by agzocgud
Replied by agzocgud on topic Re: Card idea: On the List

What about "If you play this card search for a Trophy master card in your library, hand or ashheap and put it in play."? That would be very fitting the background.

In that case it should cost some pool. If you compare it to the trophy-tech cuurently in print, this card will wallpaper the rest of them.

Overkill is highly underrated. You know, like in computor games and such.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds