file Fix the Malkavian Dominate Error?

Poll: Fix Malkavian Dominate Error? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
27 May 2014 10:51 #62800 by ReverendRevolver
There are few reasons to change stuff. Jyjad has several UNPLAYABLE vamps, and while theres been a push to remedy this long before even i started playing, its not been popular enough to happen.

Lets look at what you propose.
Change a set of crypt cards because you feel its violating a theme or two, and so you can build a decka little better .

Themes: when the malks joined the camarilla, Unmada, Tryphosa, Malk Content, and several other ancint as hell malks mystically changed thier primary in clan mental discipline from the scary-to-peers-at-the-time dementarion to the useful and acceptable dominate. Sabbat malks didnt do this. More recently, it was changed baxk, and as per most recent VTM stuff, vtm20, some malks still carry the latent trait of dominate as an inclan. They are a legal bloodline, its all canon. Period. Malk 94 is a staple deck. Archetype since day 1. You want it removed.

I really cant understand why. I started with cam edition malk starter, and its a mixed shitbag between dom and dem. You just rebuild it like most precons and get on with life.

I can only see a small amount of gain from this anyway. Basically nothing.

Anything you think should be a "thing" you fan submit as card ideas. Malk justicar with Dem OBF AUS cel tha? Not as cool as unmada or lucian, but sti could submit and exain logic. Prince of miamu who is 7 cap with DEM AUS OBF? not as cool as printing one of several things to work with eatablished themes and discipline spreads post CE for malks, but they need 2 princes in later groupings, so if you want to see it, design and post it. Do you want a Roxanne that plays the call instead of govern? Not better than Roxanne, but design and argue.

I could say more malks need flight and cel for so they can multiact with forced march, as the crow, and freak drive via madness network, but its thematically stupid and design wise unsafe and unbalacing.

Theres no support. Its in the same boat as "no grouping rule at all" you want to change the game so you can build one bad deck instead of a different good deck. This time though, as a malk expert, i can assure you its a setback not an advantage. Then BEST g2 malks are zoe and Victoria amd Watenda. Support vamps. With no mental discipline of either kind. 2 with underpowered cel at basic. Gregor is Googly Moogly support with a titlexand protean, Anatole is great, ohanna is a good dom weenie, and that leaves what? Leandro? He doesnt need dementartion as bad as fortitude or a built in sce/ secure haven, as hes a bigass rush target.

Note some things on this game need fixed, but this is miles away from needing anything other than MAYBE 3 remaining good archetypes in twda (for those keeping count, Troxel i believe won with toolbox madness network, so the remaining archtypes are Roxy madness grinder, malk 94 with flames of the netherworld amd rego motus for lucien and mariel to block and rush and punish, and of course mariel and lucien MOTS for textbook damnation, get concordance, and multiact with as the crow and cycle steatlth via madness network, which can also be done with Biltmore and reiner/crowley)

So, problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2014 20:30 - 27 May 2014 20:34 #62804 by rezwits
I can understand this if it's completely "canon" as you say. And I have no problem adhering to the way things are. I just had a quick thought and always wondered if it might be a big deal. So after I checked the vamps and what the outcome would have been I figured I would just post to see what other would think.

I had mentioned this once or twice in last decade to fellow players and heard some of these stories. I am just once again trying to become active and thought I would fire away.

All the points are valid. I am glad I made a poll before actually officially proposing such a change to the "VEKN Board"

But it's the only thing that ever bugged me about all of the vampires in the game.

And now that I understand this is completely part of the storyline per se I don't feel the need to worry about it. But I didn't feel like googling looking for stories about this and felt I wanted to make a poll.

But honestly now this doesn't bother me in the least, because it's official WoD doctrine!! :D

Thanks everyone...

oh but, to say Brujah's and Brujah anti's core disciplines are not simply pre cel pot, is crazy :P
Last edit: 27 May 2014 20:34 by rezwits.

More
27 May 2014 23:29 #62809 by CalibanX
What I'd like to see fixed is the Justicar Disease of not having all in-clan disciplines in superior. Annoying!
The following user(s) said Thank You: librarian

More
28 May 2014 05:22 - 28 May 2014 05:22 #62814 by Timo

Thanks everyone...

You're welcome.

oh but, to say Brujah's and Brujah anti's core disciplines are not simply pre cel pot, is crazy :P

Nobody said otherwise. But even core vtm, you could find some brujah with not all in clan discipline and other not in-clan discipline.

e. g., I found just looking 5 minutes the official sheet for Theo Bell in 1880 and he don't have any point in presence and points in dominate and fortitude :
(I only found it in french here :
bindusara.free.fr/web/affichage_fiche.php?IDENTIFIANT=2096&NOM=Bell&PRENOM=Theo)
he has :
CEL 3
POT 2
DOM 1
FOR 2

So there is no problem fluff wise to have vampire without all in-clan disciplines and having other disciplines.

And game wise, it is really more interesting to have multiple options available to build a crypt.
Last edit: 28 May 2014 05:22 by Timo.

More
28 May 2014 09:33 #62817 by Ashur

Let’s fix the Malkavian Dominate Error :(

There is no error.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
28 May 2014 15:00 #62827 by jamesatzephyr

I could say more malks need flight

Best idea ever(*). Kooky, slightly creepy vampires leaping off buildings and cackling and dive-bomcing people and cackling and getting in the way of hanggliders and cackling. This has literally no downsides.

(*) May not be best idea ever.

More
28 May 2014 15:15 #62828 by BenPeal

Best idea ever(*). Kooky, slightly creepy vampires leaping off buildings and cackling and dive-bomcing people and cackling and getting in the way of hanggliders and cackling. This has literally no downsides.

I keep wanting to design a Fortitude card called BASE Jumping. The artwork could be a vampire crawling out of a vampire-shaped crater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver, Pullen, Khalid1988

More
28 May 2014 16:39 #62833 by Timo

I keep wanting to design a Fortitude card called BASE Jumping. The artwork could be a vampire crawling out of a vampire-shaped crater.

or coyote-shaped ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
28 May 2014 18:26 - 28 May 2014 18:26 #62836 by jamesatzephyr

or coyote-shaped ?

Base Jumping
Action Modifier
[for] Play when a minion controlled by your prey attempts to block this acting vampire. The action ends, and this acting vampire takes 4 damage. Put this card on the minion who was attempting to block. Each time this minion announces a bleed action, his controller may say "Beep beep" (once) to give him +1 stealth for the duration of the action, even if stealth is not needed.
[FOR] As above, but this acting vampire takes 6 damage (not 4).
Last edit: 28 May 2014 18:26 by jamesatzephyr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds