file Advanced Library Cards

12 May 2014 04:31 - 12 May 2014 05:11 #62198 by Sydnelson
Hi people, based on comments of some players during SAC 2014 I've created a new idea to improve our game.

The idea is to take advantage of old and useless cards and update then with new texts to real use. I call this advanced library card. I believe that we doing this way can we revitalize the game without having to create new cards or rely on release of copyright.

How to put this into practice? The design team could pick up all the old useless / wallpaper cards and create advanced texts to improve those cards.

When the texts are ready and released for use by VEKN, players could simply print small labels with only the new text, making advantage of the entire old card layout and artwork without the need to print the entire card like in Danse Macabre.

I suggest adding a new rule to prevent use of base and advanced version of a card in same window.

See the procedure to create advanced card with your old cards:

Then people, what they think of the idea?

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 12 May 2014 05:11 by Sydnelson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2014 04:31 - 12 May 2014 05:06 #62199 by Sydnelson
Examples of cards that can be updated:
IS ONLY EXAMPLES, THE FINAL CARDS AND TEXTS NEED TO BE TESTED BY VEKN DESIGN TEAM IF THE ADVANCED CARDS BECAME REAL.

*This one is not a useless card but can be improved to in my opinion like some others. A change like that will increase the effectiveness of combat decks front vote and bleed decks.

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 12 May 2014 05:06 by Sydnelson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson, Ashur

More
12 May 2014 05:12 #62200 by Charles_Bronson
I like your idea. There are maybe a hundred useless cards on the game.
Why not use them?

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
12 May 2014 08:59 #62209 by The Flayed Man
I think this a great idea as well. Although not sure if I would place "Taste of Vitae" in the useless / unused card pile.

More
12 May 2014 10:09 - 12 May 2014 10:10 #62215 by FrançoisV
This is nice but there's no need for branding it "advanced library cards" and using keywords as if there were a new ruleset associated to it.

After all, this is merely a request to errata useless cards into playable stuff, and maybe issue printable files to help make all those errata less a hassle to remember.

This isn't a bad idea (though what is "errata-worthy wallpaper" is open to discussion), it just doesn't need to be complexified by any game terms and special rules ^^
Last edit: 12 May 2014 10:10 by FrançoisV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: librarian, TryDeflectingThisGrapple, porphyrion

More
12 May 2014 10:45 #62216 by jamesatzephyr

Sweet zombie Jesus, no. "Younger" is not a significant restriction for Inner Circle, who are 11 capacity. Giving Princes yet more ways of being awesome in decks is not cool. Once per game does not help, because burning someone's star vampire once per game is still burning someone's star vampire once per game. And a 2 blood cost is hardly a significant cost for more or less any vote deck that runs Voter Captivation - which is a hell of a lot of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon, TryDeflectingThisGrapple

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds