file Advanced Library Cards

12 May 2014 13:02 #62220 by Sydnelson

I think this a great idea as well. Although not sure if I would place "Taste of Vitae" in the useless / unused card pile.

Taste of Vitae is not useless as I comment bellow the card, is just a example that good cards also can be upgraded. And also agreed that changes as propose in Taste is too stroong and need to be balanced.

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2014 13:09 #62221 by Sydnelson

This is nice but there's no need for branding it "advanced library cards" and using keywords as if there were a new ruleset associated to it.

After all, this is merely a request to errata useless cards into playable stuff, and maybe issue printable files to help make all those errata less a hassle to remember.

This isn't a bad idea (though what is "errata-worthy wallpaper" is open to discussion), it just doesn't need to be complexified by any game terms and special rules ^^

Even Advanced text not need I think use those cards to revitalize the game will be awesome, all vtes players has hundreds or thousands of useless cards taking space in their lockers.

Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro

More
12 May 2014 13:12 #62222 by Sydnelson

Sweet zombie Jesus, no. "Younger" is not a significant restriction for Inner Circle, who are 11 capacity. Giving Princes yet more ways of being awesome in decks is not cool. Once per game does not help, because burning someone's star vampire once per game is still burning someone's star vampire once per game. And a 2 blood cost is hardly a significant cost for more or less any vote deck that runs Voter Captivation - which is a hell of a lot of them.

As I said on the beginning of topic those are only examples how cards can be managed to became better, of course a test group need to be created to balance changes if this this idea become real.

Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro

More
12 May 2014 15:05 #62234 by jamesatzephyr

As I said on the beginning of topic those are only examples how cards can be managed to became better, of course a test group need to be created to balance changes if this this idea become real.

Err... you've still provided several card ideas. And you're pretty much guaranteed to get feedback on them. Because, seriously, the ideas you're proposing are horrible.

PTO is horrible, even at once per game, now with added Princes.

Taste of Vitae is not useless as I comment bellow the card, is just a example that good cards also can be upgraded.

Taste of Vitae does not need to become uber, with a "once per combat" figleaf that's almost entirely irrelevant because 90% of combat decks kill you in the first round. In what world does Taste of Vitae need to be upgraded? Advanced Parity Shift too? Making good cards better is pretty much the best way to reinforce the Tier 1 decks - they were awesome before, now they're even better, with pretty much zero downsides. This is utterly, utterly horrible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
12 May 2014 15:17 #62237 by ReverendRevolver
Love the premise, but think complete erratta, with stickers, is better. Adv fixing is great for vamps, ive said that for years.
Example, and i habe loads:

Attachment advancedangus.jpg not found

Attachment advancedappolonius.jpg not found

But LB just needs erratad and unbanned. Other cards too. Stickers is perfect.
Attachments:

More
13 May 2014 00:24 #62264 by Juggernaut1981
So basically... Errata half the cards in the game...

Or we could just make better ones that you print out on paper and then stick into a sleeve in front of a terrible card and then... oh wait...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: librarian, Pascek

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds