file Advanced Library Cards

13 May 2014 01:57 #62271 by librarian
Sorry Syd Nelson,

I don't think this is a good idea.

Juggernaut hit it on the head - we're already using the wallpaper cards as backing for the new sets as they get printed. What if all the wallpaper cards were made good? Then what would we use to back our legal proxies?

Advanced Vamps, yes. Advanced library cards? Not a big fan.

That said, I do like the idea of maybe Advanced Locations, or Merged Locations. (anything permanent on the table)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2014 10:40 - 13 May 2014 10:46 #62298 by ReverendRevolver

Sorry Syd Nelson,

I don't think this is a good idea.

Juggernaut hit it on the head - we're already using the wallpaper cards as backing for the new sets as they get printed. What if all the wallpaper cards were made good? Then what would we use to back our legal proxies?

Advanced Vamps, yes. Advanced library cards? Not a big fan.

That said, I do like the idea of maybe Advanced Locations, or Merged Locations. (anything permanent on the table)

There WAS more to my post, but it was edited in and never posted......

Basically, im behind sydnelson halfway.

If we erratta costs and small things on some cards, they suck less, and stickers do the job better than new cards for some of this.

Adv library cards arent as cool as crypt cards.

Now, crypt cards cpuld either get a facelift via erratta or an adv version.

Stickers either way means a look at non print yoir own stuff and gettimg to use otherwise just placeholding cards.
Trouble with adv is its not always as perfect as q good base and shitty adv(lile theo and ferox) to do the other way, when maybe appalonious and angus in my examples above should get new disciplne spread via stickersheet and we call it good.

Also, only some vamps are useful to merge. Several adv things ive done are adding that one thing thatd make the base good, and something frivelous for merging. Add in that gift of experiemce sux, and good adv bad base means epiphany is risky andxyou have to "hard" merge. Finally, only stars NEED to merge in most decks. Petaniqua,germaine,valarious, maybe ghoulet. So often a better adv spread, like examples i gave, may just replace origional, but thats not bad. Merging is a bitch.

Adv allies could bexneatish. But not feeling the whole idea for greenback cards.
Last edit: 13 May 2014 10:46 by ReverendRevolver.

More
15 May 2014 23:33 #62426 by Jadasc
Replied by Jadasc on topic Re: Advanced Library Cards
Why do the Children of Osiris punish Anarchs? The point of them is that they're dedicated to opposing the minions of Set, who dismembered and destroyed their patron god/deity/methuselah.

More
16 May 2014 03:54 #62430 by ReverendRevolver

Why do the Children of Osiris punish Anarchs? The point of them is that they're dedicated to opposing the minions of Set, who dismembered and destroyed their patron god/deity/methuselah.

Wait, Im pretty sure Osiris rewarded his "children" by making them mortal. Every damn one of them.

They now exist in some of the sects and cults that help the Amenti (mummy the ressurrection) and Bardo and the CoO are in vtm20, i think it even mentions them finally transcending the vampiric state. Take that, Golconda wimps, all it takes is 2000+ years of serving the unmoving jigsawed together King of Amenti upon Duat, being less monsterous than most vampires, and waging war with some assholes you hate anyway, and you can become human.....

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds