file Concerning lilith's blessing, ashur tablets and liquidation

16 Nov 2011 13:25 - 16 Nov 2011 13:26 #14540 by Shadowhunter

It's a metagame focused on generating a lot of pool damage. So people have constructed their decks to deal with this accordingly. Now instead of grasping for strategies that take advantage of the low blood on vampires a discussion whether or not some cards are to good appear?

Actually, the metagame has ALREADY shifted that way. The problem with these decks is that they can´t remove the pool that goes with decks that have low blood on their minions. All this shift does is lead to timeouts where everyone is jockying for 1 VP in the last 5 minutes.

Very valid point. However, I can't help to think that there should be a way to deal with this. Between Fame/Tension/Dragonbound and weenie helpers just constantly bleeding, do you think that would be sufficient?
Looking at how many clans have :POT: in-clan, I notice both :DOM: (Lasombra and Giovanni) and :PRE: (Brujah, !Brujah, True Brujah and Guruhi). Blood Brothers have Walk with Cain. Only Gargoyles and Nosferatu/!Nosferatu get no love and Gargoyles have :DOM: buddies. Oh and Osebo. Osebo have some difficulties.

That's if you go Immortal Grapple. If you go with Guns and Psyche!
There's :PRE: on 4 of them, Assamite have Loss. Only !Gangrel have issues there (but !Gangrel have always had issues). Oh and Osebo again.

One very table-hate-friendly thought I have is that if no one on the table have minions acting except you, the rounds will go quicker and you might be able to oust more than one player. But then again, I'm doubtful how well that would work since extensive table hate kills most kinds of decks regardless how they're constructed. Some exceptions probably exist.

Hrrm, this is maybe getting a bit of topic...
Last edit: 16 Nov 2011 13:26 by Shadowhunter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2011 00:31 - 30 Nov 2011 00:32 #16501 by Wedge
I have no problem with Ausher Tablets and/or Liquidation.
The only problem I have with Lilith's Blessing is that Barahi is a trait without any definition. From what I am told Bahari are Pariah in the vampire communities (WoD RPG).
How about...

A titled non-Bahari vampire can take a (d) action to make a Bahari vampire Red List.

and

Any (non-bahari?) vampire can call a vote to make a Bahari vampire Red List.
Last edit: 30 Nov 2011 00:32 by Wedge.

More
30 Nov 2011 20:00 #16589 by Khaan
Shattering crescendo, horse shoes, vampiric disease etc is loads of fun vs villein/lilithed big cap vamps.

Lackeyname: Kris

More
30 Nov 2011 22:08 - 30 Nov 2011 22:10 #16598 by Izaak
Yes, as much fun as the exact same damn thing vs big caps that didn't get out for free but just got Villein'd instead.

Why does everyone think that having 3 blood on a 9- or 10-cap is suddenly a huge weakness. People have had 3 blood on 10-caps forever and just killing them has never been hard.

You're still not winning.

Seriously, get this into your skull: Killing vampires DOES NOT make you win. It makes your prey lose and someone else win.
Last edit: 30 Nov 2011 22:10 by Izaak.

More
30 Nov 2011 23:19 #16603 by Wedge
Combat is always fame forward and still rush backward until your prey has done ~most of the work on your grandprey.

More
30 Nov 2011 23:25 - 30 Nov 2011 23:28 #16604 by Ohlmann

Combat is always fame forward and still rush backward until your prey has done ~most of the work on your grandprey.

"alway", that's a big world. You can do deck that are no pushover in combat and that still pack 10 govern and 10 conditionning (replace with changelin, computer hacking, deep song, etc, etc ...)

Fame, Dragonbound, and such are useful tool, but if you only have thoses to kill your prey, it usually mean you are a bit overkill in combat. Combat is a tool, like vote push, not a way to win by itself.
Last edit: 30 Nov 2011 23:28 by Ohlmann.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds